Austin, Texas; Cambridge, United Kingdom; Sheffield, United Kingdom; Chandler, Arizona
IO Subsystem Design leadApply now
Piece Together The World’s Most Powerful Puzzle
This world has a design. It’s infinite yet discoverable. Small yet powerful. Our design engineers must all at once predict it and create it. From implementation of the most advanced CPU, GPU and HPC processors on the planet to dreaming up every eventuality that could put our SoC and system IP to the test, we puzzle over the biggest questions of our time. And microarchitect the future.
Are you ready for a new and exciting challenge? If you are a self-motivated design engineer with expertise in micro-architecture, logic design and PCIe and looking to make a difference in an innovative and inclusive team, you’ve come to the right place!
In your new job as a IO Design lead, you will be at the forefront of developing sophisticated IO interfaces for high-performance computing environments. Your role will focus on designing IO subsystems that are integral to the functionality and efficiency of server-grade SoCs used in data centers.
- High-Performance IO subsystem Design:Develop and implement sophisticated IO interfaces specifically for server and data center SoCs, ensuring high data efficiency, low latency, and scalability.
- Integration with Server-Grade SoCs:Collaborate with SoC architects to integrate IO interfaces within sophisticated server-grade SoC designs, ensuring compatibility with high-end CPUs, memory systems, and network interfaces.
- Performance Optimization for Data Centers:Optimize IO interfaces for the unique needs of data centers, focusing on robustness, energy efficiency, and high-speed data transfer capabilities.
- Advanced Testing and Compliance:Conduct extensive testing under data center conditions and ensure compliance with stringent industry standards relevant to server and data center environments.
- Troubleshooting in High-Performance Systems:Provide expert-level troubleshooting and problem-solving for PCIe-related issues in server & data center SoCs.
- Technical Leadership and Documentation:Lead IO interface design projects, mentor junior engineers, and maintain comprehensive documentation tailored to high-performance computing environments.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration:Work closely with teams across hardware, software, and physical design to ensure comprehensive design and implementation.
Required Skills & Experience :
In addition to bringing your accomplishment of either BS/MS in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering or a similar related field, you will need:
- Extensive experience in IO interface design, specifically within server & data center SoC environments. You will also need strong experience with hardware simulation, validation tools, and IO compliance testing.
- Proficient in high-speed digital design, hardware description languages (Verilog/VHDL), and digital logic design.
- In-depth understanding of server-grade SoC architectures and the specific requirements of data center applications.
- Outstanding analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience :
- Prior experience of at least 5+ years in a lead role on large-scale server or data center hardware projects.
- Experience with Arm-based designs and/ore Arm System Architectures
- Knowledge of advanced computing concepts such as virtualization, multi-tenancy, and cloud computing infrastructures.
- Familiarity with data center networking standards and protocols.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and teamwork abilities
This position offers an incredible opportunity to join a growing, highly influential organization at the center of one of the most exciting markets and to lead from the front as the organization engages in a more sophisticated way.
We are proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together. These behaviors are assessed as part of the hiring process:
- Partner and customer focus
- Teamwork and communication
- Creativity and innovation
- Team and personal development
- Impact and influence
- Deliver on your promises
In addition, you will also be rewarded with a competitive base salary, an annual bonus, RSUs, 401k matching, an excellent PTO allowance as well as family bonding time and competitive benefits. We also pride ourselves on our work life balance with quarterly days of care!
Accommodations at Arm
At Arm, we want our people to Do Great Things. If you need support or an accommodation to Be Your Brilliant Self during the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. To note, by sending us the requested information, you consent to its use by Arm to arrange for appropriate accommodations. All accommodation requests will be treated with confidentiality, and information concerning these requests will only be disclosed as necessary to provide the accommodation. Although this is not an exhaustive list, examples of support include breaks between interviews, having documents read aloud or office accessibility. Please email us about anything we can do to accommodate you during the recruitment process.
Hybrid Working at Arm
Arm’s hybrid approach to working is centred around flexibility, where we split our time between the office and other locations to get our work done. We empower groups/teams to determine their hybrid working pattern, with an expected minimum attendance in the office of 20% per month, depending on the work, level of experience and team’s needs. In some cases, the flexibility we can offer is limited by local legal, regulatory, tax, or other considerations, and where this is the case, we will collaborate with you to find the best solution.
Equal Opportunities at Arm
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Work At The Very Edge
At Arm, you’re in a position to influence 95% of the world’s connected devices and all of their applications. Healthcare, infrastructure, virtual reality… you’ll affect hundreds, if not thousands of industries worldwide, racing towards new milestones in human endeavour.
Learning And Development
Whether you want to learn a new programming language, explore your management potential or witness the latest innovations at industry conferences, we promise you both the freedom and the support to develop when you want it.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid four-week sabbatical after 4 years of service.
You're a human being, not a resource. So it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, our flexible progressive leave allows you to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform, Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy, so you can live life and be your brilliant self.
Life At Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.