Senior CPU Verification EngineerApply now
Test Our Limits. Your Limits.
Every day the world invents something new to put our chips to the test. You can do the same. Because verification at Arm goes way, way beyond debugging – it’s solving the novel problems behind tech that barely exists yet. It’s working at the bleeding edge of machine learning, simulation software, model checking and hardware prototyping systems. It’s thinking the unthinkable and being sure we’re ready for it.
Work At The Very Edge
At Arm, you’re in a position to influence 95% of the world’s connected devices and all of their applications. Healthcare, infrastructure, virtual reality… you’ll affect hundreds, if not thousands of industries worldwide, racing towards new milestones in human endeavour.
Learning And Development
Whether you want to learn a new programming language, explore your management potential or witness the latest innovations at industry conferences, we promise you both the freedom and the support to develop when you want it.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid four-week sabbatical after 4 years of service.
You're a human being, not a resource. So it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, our flexible progressive leave allows you to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform, Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy, so you can live life and be your brilliant self.
Come break new ground in design verification. This is a rare opportunity to join the Chandler-based CPU design verification team, which is part of Arm's global CPU group. Our diverse engineering-centric group defines, designs, and validates Arm processor IP - the brains in billions of diverse electronic devices.
As an engineer here, you will work within a dedicated group of engineers responsible for verification of the next-generation Cortex-A or Cortex-M class CPU designs. In this role you will push through the boundaries of your technical knowledge relating to groundbreaking Arm processors.
As an expert on our diverse team of verification engineers, you solve the latest CPU microarchitecture design verification. You will join a growing organization with a validated business model and a strong plan for continued future growth. Your team uses the latest tools and methodologies with an eye for innovation and creative problem solving.
Our team is responsible for the design verification for one or more functional blocks, and we are responsible for the quality of delivery throughout all related engineering project phases. Including:
- Lead a successful verification team to excellence
- Develop SystemVerilog UVM and/or formal verification for the block-level, functional verification of units
- Build and maintain detailed verification plans
- Generate and run test cases on logic simulation models
- Debug functional errors in the RTL model, using simulation tools, debug tools with an in-depth understanding of the architecture and RTL design
- Define and implement functional and statistical coverage, and improve the testbench to ensure coverage closure
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering, with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in pre-silicon verification
- CPU microarchitecture experience including knowledge of pipeline, fetch, issue, Load/Store, L2 cache and MMU
- Shown software engineering skills including understanding of object-oriented programming, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience with functional coverage driven verification methods
Nice to have skills and experience:
You bring shown experience and you have passion for continuing to grow your expertise in CPU microarchitecture including both familiarity with and a curiosity about Branch prediction, instruction fetch, in-order or out-of-order execution, and advanced memory system.
- A deep understanding of SystemVerilog and UVM, and you know how they are used to build flexible and reusable testbenches
- You love sophisticated software engineering such as design patterns, profiling, unit testing, and programming in multiple languages
- You strive to achieve wining solutions
- You build positive relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
- You have a drive for continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others
- You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver impactful results
- Previous experience in verifying such units using simulation and/or formal verification methods
At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape outstanding. These behaviors are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
- Partner and customer focus
- Teamwork and communication
- Creativity and innovation
- Team and personal development
- Impact and influence
- Deliver on your promises
Accommodations at Arm
At Arm, we want our people to Do Great Things. If you need support or an accommodation to Be Your Brilliant Self during the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. To note, by sending us the requested information, you consent to its use by Arm to arrange for appropriate accommodations. All accommodation requests will be treated with confidentiality, and information concerning these requests will only be disclosed as necessary to provide the accommodation. Although this is not an exhaustive list, examples of support include breaks between interviews, having documents read aloud or office accessibility. Please email us about anything we can do to accommodate you during the recruitment process.
Equal Opportunities at Arm
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Hybrid Working at Arm
Arm’s hybrid approach to working is centred around flexibility, where we split our time between the office and other locations to get our work done. We empower groups/teams to determine their hybrid working pattern, with an expected minimum attendance in the office of 20% per month, depending on the work, level of experience and team’s needs. In some cases, the flexibility we can offer is limited by local legal, regulatory, tax, or other considerations, and where this is the case, we will collaborate with you to find the best solution.
Life At Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.