Senior Verification EngineerApply now
Test Our Limits. Your Limits.
Every day the world invents something new to put our chips to the test. You can do the same. Because verification at Arm goes way, way beyond debugging – it’s solving the novel problems behind tech that barely exists yet. It’s working at the bleeding edge of machine learning, simulation software, model checking and hardware prototyping systems. It’s thinking the unthinkable and being sure we’re ready for it.
ARM’s Systems group develops Systems for internal and external use with all Arm IPs (like CPU, GPU, Interconnect, Memory controller, System MMU, FuSa IPs, etc) that drives many of today’s digital devices.
Customers demand high quality and reliable IP, as the cost of design iterations is very high and shorter design cycles means that re-spins can be disastrous for the success of a product. Against this background, Arm has adopted a 'right-first-time' methodology and recognizes the need for dedicated verification engineers to work with the various IP design teams.
As an Engineer in the Systems team, you will get the opportunity to work in and lead a small team of motivated engineers and continually develop specialist system skills and apply both hardware and software knowledge that come with these skills, to do their verification tasks.
- Develop systems (aka kits) that include Arm processors, interconnects, and peripherals.
- Responsible for debugging hardware-software failures using simulation and emulation platform. This requires detailed understanding of System and Arm processor architecture
- Proactively learning the latest Arm technology/protocols and keeping up to date with the progress on the new technologies.
- Strong and continuous communication, as most of the team are cross site, in terms of planning, reviews, project tracking, continuous engagement through status updates and meetings, as well as delivery against expectation
- Deliver on the engineering commitments successfully
- Actively review inter-project dependencies and risks, assist in the resolution of differences where vital, to achieve greater success.
- Drive efficiency improvement through adoption of right verification tools and methodologies
Required Skills and Experience :
- Understanding of CPU and/or SoC architecture
- Deep understanding of digital design concepts and Verilog/VHDL coding
- Good in logical programming using C/C++/Assembly
- Understanding of random verification methodologies including test generation tools, HVLs, coverage, etc
- Knowledge about HW acceleration technology like Emulation and FPGA
- Flair for problem solving and debugging
- Proven track record of execution and/or methodology development and deployment on complex projects, individually or in a team
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience :
- Awareness of CPU/System architecture features (such as caches, MMU, SMP, coherency, pipelines)
- Exposure to various market segments like Client, Infrastructure, Embedded, IoT
- General understanding of Arm-based Systems and protocols like AHB, AXI, ACE, or CHI
- Use of scripting languages like Perl/Python/Shell
- Hands-on experience on HW acceleration platforms like Emulation and FPGA
- Knowledge of advance verification techniques like assertions, property checking, etc.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect, where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. Arm prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind based on race/ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, disability, neuro-diversity, pregnancy, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military/veteran status, as well as those characteristics protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Accommodations at Arm
At Arm, we want our people to Do Great Things. If you need support or an accommodation to Be Your Brilliant Self during the recruitment process, please email email@example.com. To note, by sending us the requested information, you consent to its use by Arm to arrange for appropriate accommodations. All accommodation requests will be treated with confidentiality, and information concerning these requests will only be disclosed as necessary to provide the accommodation. Although this is not an exhaustive list, examples of support include breaks between interviews, having documents read aloud or office accessibility. Please email us about anything we can do to accommodate you during the recruitment process.
Hybrid Working at Arm
Arm’s hybrid approach to working is centred around flexibility, where we split our time between the office and other locations to get our work done. We empower groups/teams to determine their hybrid working pattern, with an expected minimum attendance in the office of 20% per month, depending on the work, level of experience and team’s needs. In some cases, the flexibility we can offer is limited by local legal, regulatory, tax, or other considerations, and where this is the case, we will collaborate with you to find the best solution.
Equal Opportunities at Arm
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Work At The Very Edge
At Arm, you’re in a position to influence 95% of the world’s connected devices and all of their applications. Healthcare, infrastructure, virtual reality… you’ll affect hundreds, if not thousands of industries worldwide, racing towards new milestones in human endeavour.
Learning And Development
Whether you want to learn a new programming language, explore your management potential or witness the latest innovations at industry conferences, we promise you both the freedom and the support to develop when you want it.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid four-week sabbatical after 4 years of service.
You're a human being, not a resource. So it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, our flexible progressive leave allows you to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform, Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy, so you can live life and be your brilliant self.
Life At Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.