Strategic Account Director
Employee type: Permanent Employee
The Arm business model involves the designing and licensing of IP rather than the manufacturing and selling of actual semiconductor chips. We license IP to a network of Partners, which includes the world's leading semiconductor and systems companies! These Partners use Arm IP designs to build and manufacture system-on-chip designs, paying Arm a license fee for the original IP and a royalty on every chip or wafer produced. In addition to processor IP, we provide a range of tools, physical and systems IP to enable optimized system-on-chip designs.
We are seeking a Strategic Account Director to work within the Japan Sales Organization with the charter to drive business within the customer base in Japan (Regional Business). The focus will be on semiconductor manufacturers, OEMs and major accounts in the areas of automotive, microcontrollers, industrial automation, networking, consumer and mobile communications.
Outline of Role:
- Strategic management of existing accounts
- Responsible for developing and driving opportunities with regional customers, across multiple lines of business.
- Responsible for professional ongoing account development to achieve new sales to existing customers over medium to longer-term, and to improve customer lifetime value.
- Responsible for identifying and developing relationships with customer’s buying network and the right decision-makers within it.
- Engage at the CxO level within customer organizations and to use ARM Executives when required.
- Working with customer business units, engineering, product management and C level to understand business challenges and identify the best ARM solution for the customer.
- Work with Account Team to optimize communication within account.
- Deliver on quarterly and annual booking and revenue target.
- You have mastered an ability to quickly develop credibility and rapport with key partners and work well in a highly collaborative environment
- Reports to Arm KK - VP Sales
- Experience in sophisticated, high value technology selling in the IP or semiconductor industry is required.
- Have a proven record in Strategic Account Management with a fast-growing technology business of scale
- Proven advanced skills in customer relationship and account management
- Ability to work in a multinational environment
- You have excellent presentation, interpersonal, communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Capable in operating at VP and Executive level and a strong ability to influence and impact for the good of ARM’s partners and business.
- Credible background in semiconductor and / or high tech.
- Partner / customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve the best outcome for both.
- You build positive relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
- You have Strong commercial understanding with outstanding selling and negotiation skills.
- Confident self-starter that instinctively knows where to spend their time to improve business.
- Ability to travel out of region from time to time.
Education and Qualifications:
- Proficient Japanese and English skills required
- BA or BSc degree preferred.
More About Arm
Arm® is at the heart of the world's most sophisticated digital IP products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things.
Our innovative technology is licensed by ARM Partners who have shipped billions of Systems on Chip (SoCs) containing our intellectual property since the company began in 1990. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers and engineers, ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.