Staff Design EngineerApply now
Piece Together The World’s Most Powerful Puzzle
This world has a design. It’s infinite yet discoverable. Small yet powerful. Our design engineers must all at once predict it and create it. From implementation of the most advanced CPU, GPU and HPC processors on the planet to dreaming up every eventuality that could put our SoC and system IP to the test, we puzzle over the biggest questions of our time. And microarchitect the future.
Work At The Very Edge
At Arm, you’re in a position to influence 95% of the world’s connected devices and all of their applications. Healthcare, infrastructure, virtual reality… you’ll affect hundreds, if not thousands of industries worldwide, racing towards new milestones in human endeavour.
Learning And Development
Whether you want to learn a new programming language, explore your management potential or witness the latest innovations at industry conferences, we promise you both the freedom and the support to develop when you want it.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid four-week sabbatical after 4 years of service.
You're a human being, not a resource. So it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, our flexible progressive leave allows you to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform, Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy, so you can live life and be your brilliant self.
Do you want to experience the excitement of playing computer games on a graphics processor (GPU) that you have designed yourself? Then this is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced hardware design engineer to join the GPU Hardware Design Team and help us design the GPUs powering the devices of tomorrow!
If you are a forward-thinking, dedicated, creative and self-going individual that loves analysis and problem solving then we are keen to hear from you!
Arm’s GPU Design Team is responsible for developing the Mali™ range of graphics processors. Mali™ is the most sold GPU in the world and a team of diverse, highly motivated and creative engineers are dreaming up improvements and technology that will make our innovative GPU even better.
In this inventive role, you get to put your technical skills and creativity to the test while working on micro architecture development, design and optimization of GPUs that will run graphics, compute, machine learning and AI workloads at blistering speeds within a fixed energy and area budget. How cool is that?
What will I be accountable for?
- You will derive specifications from architecture requirements.
- You will specify, design and optimise complex blocks for use across multiple generations of GPUs.
- You will deliver IP blocks on time whilst meeting PPA targets.
- You will take technical leadership for a block within the GPU.
- You will have proven experience of RTL design for GPUs, CPUs or DSP.
- Broad project experience where you have owned and carried out design and implementation of complex units or sub-systems, from specification to design sign-off.
- You can do metric driven design space exploration, including the knowledge of how to evaluate and compare different solutions and pick the one that is the best trade-off between power, performance and area requirements of the product
- You have the ability to work with a high level of independence and schedule own work and tasks.
- You communicate effectively in spoken and written English.
- Experience with high level programming in languages such as C/C++.
- Knowledge of verification techniques.
- Familiar with functional safety aspects of design and verification, including knowledge of ISO 26262.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Life At Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.