Senior Vulkan Graphics Driver Engineer
Software Engineering at Arm
You might not think you know us, but you do. Our software is all over Silicon Valley. In fact, it's right in the palm of your hand. Because the biggest names in tech, from your smartphone brand to the makers of the world's fastest supercomputer look to us for the most powerful advanced core processors.
When you think about what software development can stretch to at Arm, from physical IP to machine learning, you'll wonder why you didn't apply sooner. The real-world applications for our technology are so massive, your work will influence the lives up to 70% of the global population, whether it's through award-winning VR gaming or life-enhancing medical equipment. Here you'll develop a better, connected future.
One benefit we're really proud of is FlexPot; a sum of money on top of your salary (which is the same value regardless of your seniority) which you can use for charitable giving, development or your personal wellbeing. Ready to start that French language course you've always wanted to do? Or are you a keen gym-goer and want to use it for a membership? There's lots different of ways to enjoy your Flexpot.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid 4 weeks' sabbatical after 4 years of service. You could even combine your FlexPot allowance with your sabbatical and volunteer overseas!
You're a human being, not a resource. And so it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. That's why we offer flexible progressive leave. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, you'll be able to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy to ensure you can live life and be your brilliant self.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Software Engineer ideally with strong knowledge of 3D/2D graphics to join our graphics software team in Trondheim.
The role involves cooperating with highly motivated engineers from different backgrounds and customers throughout the world to design, develop and deploy Vulkan and OpenGL ES drivers for the current and the next generation of Arm graphics cores.
In the GPU Team you will be working alongside the best engineers in the world, making market leading products for the most successful companies.
With applications in mobile, machine learning, Internet of Things, automotive, security, and embedded devices, your ideas will make a difference and you will have the opportunity to lead, challenge the norm and ultimately change the world of media processing.
The Arm Mali series of multimedia processors offers graphics solutions to drive the ultimate visual experience across a wide range of devices, scaling from entry-level mass market smartphones through to visually stunning, high-performance smartphones, Android OS-based tablets and SmartTVs. Our Mali™ Graphics Processor is the world’s #1 shipping Graphics Processor.
Please take a look at the following video to see what it's like to work in Arm: https://youtu.be/F4tNBNBgYEY
Education & Qualifications
Bachelors, Masters or PhD (computer science or electronics engineering) with good academic record.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Experience of embedded software development for a commercial organization.
- Experience in 2D/3D graphics technology and standards such as Vulkan, OpenGL, OpenGL ES or Direct3D.
- Knowledge of graphics fundamentals, e.g.: GPU graphics pipeline and shaders.
- Expert knowledge of C/C++.
- Strong understanding of computer architecture (CPU, Memory, MMU Cache, etc.)
- Proficiency in problem solving and debugging skills.
- Experience of performance analysis, software optimisation and instrumentation.
- Willingness and ability to contribute to process improvement initiatives.
- Practical, organized and analytical approach to work.
Sounds good? Then click apply today.
Our Core Beliefs lie at the heart of Arm and represent the essence of our organization and when combined with working together, they articulate the uniqueness of Arm culture:
Passion for Progress
Innovation that enables our ecosystems, Arm and the team to thrive.
- Work with pace and judgment. Adapt to circumstances
- Take risks in support our progress
- Be accountable for the decisions you make. Learn from failure
- Pursue innovation relentlessly.
We, Not I
Collaboration first, egos last.
- Start with long-term value to customers and partners, and work back from there
- Collaborate, decide, commit, and bring people with you
- Make the most of all the skills and knowledge across Arm; share information with those who need it
- Collaborate with the people around you
Be your Forward-thinking Self
Skillful individuality, performance and fulfilment.
- Be authentic
- Seek and accept differences
- Encourage curiosity and challenge
- Give people trust and autonomy; show people they can trust you to do forward-thinking work in pursuit of Arm's goals
Life at Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.
Everything Made Possible
Just how far do the possibilities of Arm's tech stretch? AI, Machine Learning, IoT… billions of people use our technology every day, spanning countless nations, industries and applications. Most people run their lives on Arm technology. So, you see: you really do know us.