Deskside Support Engineer
Could you work as part of a team of dedicated engineers supporting Arm users?
The Deskside Engineer within Arm will work in a team focusing on end user experience of IT across all of our functions, from engineering to marketing. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that all users have the best possible IT user experience regardless of the operating system they work on, or their technical ability. They will support Linux, Windows and Mac, as well as mobile devices, striving to continually excel in everything they deliver.
The deskside engineering team is responsible for all support requests that cannot be fulfilled by our service desk or remote support teams, from new user device orientation to support of complex desktop issues. The team will be the go-to answer to ensure all of our users are productive in their day to day lives at Arm.
- Provide proactive and reactive support across the key geographic locations
- Represent the human face of technology to all office users in our key offices.
- Work as part of a team providing a global support function across all Arm offices and time zones.
- Support 7,000 users on Linux, Windows and Mac and operating systems
- Be accountable for the support of technology however and wherever it is used!
- Occasional travel within the Nordics to support other offices will be required
Required Skills and Experience:
- Proven ability to think on your feet, and dedication to ensure success
- A passion to personalise and own the outcomes and your own success
- Experience of consistent and concise communication across all levels of business and technology
- Ability to support all forms of technology, from laptops to audio video and everything in between
- Hands on technical experience of either Linux, Windows and Mac operating systems in an enterprise environment
- Basic hardware fault diagnosis, resolution and setup beneficial!
- Experience of supporting Office 365 across various operating systems
- Ability to work to tight SLA's and KPI's while still ensuring you focus on end user experience. Building rapport with our users is essential.
- Strong communication skills in English
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience :
Experience of front line, hands-on support in a technology organisation or similar enterprise.
At Arm, we have a friendly and collaborative work environment. The team will be there to support and help you get up to speed with your tasks. You will also have regular catch-ups with your line manager, who will offer ongoing support and feedback.
We offer a certain amount of flexibility and freedom in how you decide to complete your projects/tasks and in your working hours.
As well as being offered a competitive salary, there are opportunities to get involved in many of the social events organized within Arm.
Accommodations at Arm
At Arm, we want our people to Do Great Things. If you need support or an accommodation to Be Your Brilliant Self during the recruitment process, please email email@example.com. To note, by sending us the requested information, you consent to its use by Arm to arrange for appropriate accommodations. All accommodation requests will be treated with confidentiality, and information concerning these requests will only be disclosed as necessary to provide the accommodation. Although this is not an exhaustive list, examples of support include breaks between interviews, having documents read aloud or office accessibility. Please email us about anything we can do to accommodate you during the recruitment process.
Equal Opportunities at Arm
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Hybrid Working at Arm
Arm’s hybrid approach to working is centred around flexibility, where we split our time between the office and other locations to get our work done. Within that framework, we empower groups and teams to determine their own particular hybrid working pattern, depending on the work and the team’s needs. Details of what this means for each role will be shared upon application. In some cases, the flexibility we can offer is limited by local legal, regulatory, tax, or other considerations, and where this is the case, we will collaborate with you to find the best solution. Please talk to us to find out more about what this could look like for you.