Job header section
Staff Applications Engineer (GPU)
job navigation section
Hardware at Arm
You know us. With 125 Arm-powered products shipped every second, we'll be in a over a trillion smart devices by 2035. Your smartphone, award-winning VR gaming, the world's fastest supercomputer – our engineers are designing the advanced core processors leading the race towards a connected, autonomous, hyper-performance future.
So, we promise you endless opportunities to experiment and go even further in hardware. From advanced core implementation to full custom physical IPs, here you'll have our backing to push limits in vital areas such as memory, IO and logic.
Learning and Development
We encourage our people to upskill as much as they want with a comprehensive learning and development package which includes technical development, mentoring, internal and external conferences, tech talks, and donut sessions. Whether you want to learn a new programming language, upskill your excel skills or read the latest articles on Microprocessor reporting we are with you to Spark the worlds potential.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid 4 weeks' sabbatical after 4 years of service.
You're a human being, not a resource. And so it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. That's why we offer flexible progressive leave. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, you'll be able to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy to ensure you can live life and be your brilliant self.
Staff Applications Engineer (GPU)
About the role
Arm’s Partner Enablement Group provides applications engineering services to Arm’s IP licensees with the goal of enabling mutual success through securing volume shipment of Silicon Chips. We are now seeking a highly motivated Applications Engineer to join our existing Graphics Processor Unit (GPU) IP Hardware support team. The role will be based in Taipei or Hsinchu, Taiwan.
Provide in-depth technical hardware design solutions to Arm GPU IP customers, and remotely diagnose complex technical problems.
For high touch customer engagements, business trips with customers may be required.
Occasionally present courses to customers as an ARM trainer, or help build training material, application notes and multimedia content for customer education purposes.
The successful applicant will also be encouraged to spend some time each year updating their technical product knowledge at one of Arm’s IP design centres if the international travel is permitted and safe.
Education & Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electronics Engineering.
Other engineering or science subject graduates would be considered if you have meaningful experience.
- Experience or knowledge of FPGA or ASIC design, simulation and/or verification techniques, including RTL coding and simulation, in Verilog, System-Verilog or VHDL
- Experience in integrating CPU, GPU, Multimedia IPs or other SoC peripherals in silicon
- Professional experience of customer and sales interaction
- Proven experience of problem solving and debug skills
- Strong understanding of microprocessors and a good understanding of the interaction between software and hardware
- Understanding of FPGA or ASIC implementation flows (synthesis, scan insertion, layout)
- C/C++, assembler coding or other programming skills.
- Knowledge of machine learning, GPU or graphics processing system is preferred
- Decent experience in customer focus positions.
- Able to travel globally on a regular basis (approximately every 3 months).
- Desire and ability to work on problems quickly and Able to work in fast paced customer environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with both colleagues and customers.
- Proactive in acquiring engineering or management input, either Arm’s or the customer’s, in order to solve issues in a timely and accurate manner.
- Enthusiastic and well driven. Able to schedule own workload, and plan tasks – based on both internal and customer requirements.
- Good interpersonal skills, and be working within a multinational team; especially when under pressure. Excellent cultural awareness is essential.
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviours that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviours are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
We Not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual is responsible for the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for Progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it. Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and be responsible for your own progress
Be Your Brilliant Self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know"
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Life at Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.
Everything Made Possible
Just how far do the possibilities of Arm's tech stretch? AI, Machine Learning, IoT… billions of people use our technology every day, spanning countless nations, industries and applications. Most people run their lives on Arm technology. So, you see: you really do know us.