GPU Driver Applications Engineer
Hsinchu, Taiwan Date Posted Jul. 24, 2023 Category Applications Engineering
Location: Taipei / Hsinchu (Flexible working style, Remote & Office)
Join our impactful and hard-working team, working in an exciting and fast paced new field with customers. Externally, you will provide support to enable customers in adoption and integration of Arm’s GPU technology into their SoC designs. Internally, you will engage with multiple GPU technology teams to reflect customers’ voice into the product development work.
The role's main objective is to provide in-depth technical support to Arm GPU IP customers on software and firmware integration and optimization. You will have strong analytic and communication skills to work independently and collaboratively with internal teams to solve customer raised issues and requests related to user applications, kernel APIs and firmware integrations for the GPU platforms. For some high touch customer engagements, you may be required to travel to work with customers at their premises. Additionally, you will help build training materials, application notes and multimedia content for customer education purposes.
Required Skills and Experience :
University degree in Computer Science or Electronics Engineering; Post Graduate degree preferred.
- Effective problem resolution, using a full suite of debug and performance analysis tools and techniques.
- Software or firmware development in programming languages, such as C/C++/Java/Python.
- Graphics/GPU software engineering.
- OS kernel and Device Driver development and deployment experience with Android, Linux, Chrome or Windows system.
- Enthusiastic and well driven about the technology and finding good solutions for solving customer issues.
- Thrive working in high-demanding customer environments.
- Proactive in acquiring engineering or management input, either Arm’s or the customer’s, to tackle issues in a timely and accurate manner.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience :
- Experience with one or more of the following: microcontrollers, GPU, device drivers, SoC bring-up debugging, GPU power management, firmware, and hardware/software integration, Arm architecture, Arm assembler.
- Knowledge of SoC architectures, Linux kernel based operating systems, hardware and OS level virtualization, Automotive grade safety/security, GPU core, Display technologies, Multimedia.
- Opportunity to consistently grow your technical knowledge by collaborating with Arm's IP design centres.
- Become an official Arm trainer and occasionally present courses to customers.
- Utilize your valuable GPU knowledge by becoming an expert for our customers.
Accommodations at Arm
At Arm, we want our people to Do Great Things. If you need support or an accommodation to Be Your Brilliant Self during the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. To note, by sending us the requested information, you consent to its use by Arm to arrange for appropriate accommodations. All accommodation requests will be treated with confidentiality, and information concerning these requests will only be disclosed as necessary to provide the accommodation. Although this is not an exhaustive list, examples of support include breaks between interviews, having documents read aloud or office accessibility. Please email us about anything we can do to accommodate you during the recruitment process.
Equal Opportunities at Arm
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Hybrid Working at Arm
Arm’s hybrid approach to working is centred around flexibility, where we split our time between the office and other locations to get our work done. Within that framework, we empower groups and teams to determine their own particular hybrid working pattern, depending on the work and the team’s needs. Details of what this means for each role will be shared upon application. In some cases, the flexibility we can offer is limited by local legal, regulatory, tax, or other considerations, and where this is the case, we will collaborate with you to find the best solution. Please talk to us to find out more about what this could look like for you.