Sophia Antipolis, France
Verification Engineer - CPUApply now
Test Our Limits. Your Limits.
Every day the world invents something new to put our chips to the test. You can do the same. Because verification at Arm goes way, way beyond debugging – it’s solving the novel problems behind tech that barely exists yet. It’s working at the bleeding edge of machine learning, simulation software, model checking and hardware prototyping systems. It’s thinking the unthinkable and being sure we’re ready for it.
Work At The Very Edge
At Arm, you’re in a position to influence 95% of the world’s connected devices and all of their applications. Healthcare, infrastructure, virtual reality… you’ll affect hundreds, if not thousands of industries worldwide, racing towards new milestones in human endeavour.
Learning And Development
Whether you want to learn a new programming language, explore your management potential or witness the latest innovations at industry conferences, we promise you both the freedom and the support to develop when you want it.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid four-week sabbatical after 4 years of service.
You're a human being, not a resource. So it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, our flexible progressive leave allows you to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform, Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy, so you can live life and be your brilliant self.
Are you a hardworking verification engineer who loves to work on sophisticated systems, building test environments which find all the bugs before anyone else finds them? Well then, we can offer you a phenomenal challenge, as we are looking for an experienced verification engineer to participate in the development of our next generation of state of the art CPUs!
Arm’s Sophia Antipolis design centre is located in one of the most beautiful parts of France, at the heart of Europe’s largest and most dynamic technology park. Surrounded by mountains and the Mediterranean Sea, this outstanding design centre has delivered leading products from Arm’s Cortex (TM) processor family.
As a CPU Verification Engineer, you will be involved in the developments of the most recent Arm CPUs. You will foster a collaborative, diverse team environment when you need to cooperate with other CPU teams and engineers. In this role, you will ensure the delivery of efficient, quality-driven service that guarantee the correct functioning of the CPU while focusing on the overall behaviour of the processor.
Would you like to work in a multi-site and multi-cultural environment? Are you creative, innovative and passionate about new technologies? If so, we would love to hear from you!
- Understanding the specification of the CPU you will target
- Defining and documenting the verification environment you will use to find bugs in the processor; plus specifying the verification sign-off criteria
- Building and maintaining a verification testbench by using an appropriate methodology and programming language(s)
- Running tests to stress the design in its last corner cases and find all possible bugs
- Participating in special initiatives and recommending ideas, strategies, tools related to the verification activity that will contribute to the long-range growth of the company, and to the quality of the products
- Strong communication, organizational, planning, and project management skills
Required Skills and Experience:
- You graduated from a University or Engineering School, in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electronic / Electrical Engineering, or other related science
- Relevant working experience in hardware or software fields
- You have in-depth programming skills (C, C++, Python, or SystemVerilog), and strong low-level programming skills in assembly and/or low-level C
- You are highly motivated to "break" the design and find bugs, and have a reasonable appreciation of the verification methodology linked to this activity
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience :
- You know basic CPU micro-architecture concepts (cache, MMU, pipeline,…)
- You have been exposed to the RTL hardware design flow and methodology
Why you will love this job?
You will work directly with engineers across the company to build next-generation CPUs. You will have a direct impact on our bottom line and the ability to deliver improvements for our customers. You will be part of a growing, fast-paced, and fun team. You will have ownership for the implementation of your work.
We have a friendly and high-performance working environment, where Arm offers a competitive benefits package in France including: private medical insurance (employee and family), 25 days annual leave, 20-day sabbatical every four years, supplementary pension and reduction in working hours (11 days).
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Life At Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.