Sophia Antipolis, France
Senior Verification EngineerApply now
Test Our Limits. Your Limits.
Every day the world invents something new to put our chips to the test. You can do the same. Because verification at Arm goes way, way beyond debugging – it’s solving the novel problems behind tech that barely exists yet. It’s working at the bleeding edge of machine learning, simulation software, model checking and hardware prototyping systems. It’s thinking the unthinkable and being sure we’re ready for it.
Work At The Very Edge
At Arm, you’re in a position to influence 95% of the world’s connected devices and all of their applications. Healthcare, infrastructure, virtual reality… you’ll affect hundreds, if not thousands of industries worldwide, racing towards new milestones in human endeavour.
Learning And Development
Whether you want to learn a new programming language, explore your management potential or witness the latest innovations at industry conferences, we promise you both the freedom and the support to develop when you want it.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid four-week sabbatical after 4 years of service.
You're a human being, not a resource. So it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, our flexible progressive leave allows you to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform, Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy, so you can live life and be your brilliant self.
Are you enthusiastic about new technologies? This position is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and highly motivated verification engineer to join the hardworking Advanced Product team and shape the future.
This diverse, engineering-centric group invents, defines, and develop innovative physical implementation methods for CPU/GPU class designs using optimized physical IP.
We pursue next-generation Arm CPUs and GPUs, inventing new concepts that will power billions of devices worldwide. As verification engineer you will be in charge to validate these new concepts (CPU cores, Interconnect, Memory, DAP..) on SoC testchips.
Support and lead the Verification on diverse type of project SoC testchip or IPs delivered to external customers. You will have to innovate and deploy new verification techniques to validate new CPU, GPU and digital IPs at RTL and gate level. You will work in alliance with the Design team to fix and/or improve RTL design. You will be able to run synthesis and have basics to setup constraints. You are familiar with basic DFT concepts and able to run ATPG, knowledge on mbist insertion would be appreciated.
In this role, we expect a proactive and autonomous candidate to provide and specify the verification plans to validate all features and stress the design in corner cases to find all possible bugs!
Required Skills and Experience:
- Qualified candidates have a university degree (or equivalent) in Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, or other relevant technical subject areas
- Experience of architecting and implementing functional verification environments for complex IP and top level
- Experience developing re-usable and scalable code whilst having good knowledge of System Verilog and UVM
- Experience in planning and writing functional coverage
- Good scripting skills (Python, Perl, tcl …) – being able to develop scripting to support new flows
- Familiar with the tools and processes for developing testbenches and finishing all aspects of the verification process
- Experience in Formal Verification
- Experience of RTL coding with Verilog and system Verilog
- Already exposed to C/C++ language and able to write basic C tests
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well as teammate
- Dedicated with a focused-on analysis and problem solving
- Experience of working with remote and international teams
- Committed and highly driven to achieve objectives
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written - Ability to express ideas
- Reliable and open-minded with a pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Ability to efficiently work alone as well as in a team
- Ability to document and train others on work developed
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience:
- You have a general understanding of semiconductor manufacturing processes and application to IP development (Design rules, Design for Manufacturing, Spice modeling ….)
- Knowledge of DFT and experience with ATPG
Arm’s Sophia Antipolis design center is in one of the most alluring parts of France, at the heart of Europe’s largest and most dynamic technology park. Surrounded by mountains and the Mediterranean Sea, this outstanding design center has delivered leading products from Arm’s Cortex (TM) processor products and known key verification technologies which are used by all other design centers.
You will work directly with test engineers across the company to validate the next-generation CPUs. You will have a direct impact on our bottom line and the ability to deliver improvements for our customers and will be part of a growing, fast-paced, and fun team.
We have a friendly and high-performance working environment, where Arm offers a competitive benefits package in France including private medical insurance (employee and family), 25 days annual leave, supplementary pension, and reduction in working hours (11 days).
Would you like to work in a multi-site, multi-team, and multi-cultural engineering environment?! If so, we would love to hear from you!
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Life At Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.