Job header section
Senior Test Engineer
job navigation section
Hardware at Arm
You know us. With 125 Arm-powered products shipped every second, we'll be in a over a trillion smart devices by 2035. Your smartphone, award-winning VR gaming, the world's fastest supercomputer – our engineers are designing the advanced core processors leading the race towards a connected, autonomous, hyper-performance future.
So, we promise you endless opportunities to experiment and go even further in hardware. From advanced core implementation to full custom physical IPs, here you'll have our backing to push limits in vital areas such as memory, IO and logic.
Learning and Development
We encourage our people to upskill as much as they want with a comprehensive learning and development package which includes technical development, mentoring, internal and external conferences, tech talks, and donut sessions. Whether you want to learn a new programming language, upskill your excel skills or read the latest articles on Microprocessor reporting we are with you to Spark the worlds potential.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid 4 weeks' sabbatical after 4 years of service.
You're a human being, not a resource. And so it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. That's why we offer flexible progressive leave. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, you'll be able to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy to ensure you can live life and be your brilliant self.
You know us. With 125 Arm-powered products shipped every second, we'll be in over a trillion smart devices by 2035. Your smartphone, award-winning VR gaming, the world's fastest supercomputer – our engineers are crafting the sophisticated core processors owning the race towards a connected, autonomous and hyper-performance future.
Today, Arm provides exciting opportunities to computer science professionals to solve real world hard problems!
About The Job
We are the APD team, part of the Arm Physical Design Group. This diverse, engineering-centric group invents, defines, and develop innovative physical implementation methods for CPU/GPU class designs using optimized physical IP. We pursue next-generation Arm CPUs and GPUs, inventing new concepts that will power billions of devices worldwide.
We have the best test engineering team to test, debug and qualify IPs. This multi-facet team develops world class hardware and support our customer at latest technology nodes. This requires semiconductor fabrication, hardware and software knowledge to efficiently support the qualification of our IPs.
This position is within the Arm France Design Group (PDG) in Sophia Antipolis as Test Engineer.
You will be responsible for the silicon testing of Test Chip vehicles aimed to validate ARM IP products using the groundbreaking process technologies from foundries around the world.
- Help define test chip specifications
- Develop and implement our testing methodology
- Convert test patterns from VCD/STIL/WGL and other formats to ATE tester format.
- Create ATE test programs for functional, characterization and debug activities
- Collect characterization data from ATE tester, then use available scripts and tools to extract and analyze relevant data for report generation
- Work with IP Design, Test Chip Design, and Product Engineering to debug IP failures
- Utilisation of lab equipment including high speed oscilloscope, thermostream, power supplies, etc.
- Specify and work with contract vendors to build new test hardware when needed
Engineering Master’s Degree(s) in electronics and/or communication, electronics and electrical Engineering.
- 4+ years of ATE programming or related experience
- Familiar with IC characterization and test methodology;
- Able to develop test programs from device specification
- Experienced in C, C++, and Microsoft Office
- Hands on device debugging
- Previous hardware design experience, such as load-board and package design
- Working knowledge of CMOS devices and DRAM and SRAM memories
- Proficiency in English is required. French or willing to learn french is preferred
- General understanding of semiconductor manufacturing processes and application to IP development (Design rules, Design for Manufacturing, Spice modeling ….)
- Strong experience on Advantest SmartScale 93000 tester
- Experience on pattern debugging on ATE
- Experience with VBA, Python, Perl
- Experience of working with remote and international teams
- Communicate efficiently across teams
- Comfortable with working on other people code
- Ability to efficiently work alone as well as in a team
- Flexible person who adapts well to challenging situations
- Ability to document and train others on work developed
- Good analytical skills along with the “can do mentality”
- Hard-working and upbeat approach to work
- Innovative and always learning mentality
- Comfortable with reporting progress and status to management
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Life at Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.
Everything Made Possible
Just how far do the possibilities of Arm's tech stretch? AI, Machine Learning, IoT… billions of people use our technology every day, spanning countless nations, industries and applications. Most people run their lives on Arm technology. So, you see: you really do know us.