About the Technical Communications Team
This team is part of the Sales and Partner Enablement Group. It is responsible for producing and maintaining technical content for all Arm products, including documentation, user assistance, and multimedia. Technical Communications has a strong presence in all of Arm’s major design centers. Members of the team come from a variety of backgrounds and range from graduates to highly-experienced writers.
The team works with established, well-defined processes and standards.
Arm’s Sophia Antipolis design centre is located in one of the most breathtaking parts of France, at the heart of Europe’s largest and most dynamic technology park. Surrounded by mountains and the Mediterranean Sea, this outstanding design centre has delivered leading products from Arm’s Cortex (TM) processor family, and owns key verification technologies which are used by all other design centres.
Would you like to work in a multi-site, multi-team and multi-cultural engineering environment? Are you creative and passionate about new technologies ....If so, we would love to hear from you!
You will be accountable for
- Writing technical content for a wide variety of products in collaboration with Arm’s product development teams, in particular, the Physical IP teams that design products such as SRAM memory blocks, GPIO cells, and Standard Cell libraries.
- Structuring and organizing information in a manner appropriate to the method of delivery.
- Working closely with different teams to obtain source information from personal investigations, internal project documentation, and interviews with domain experts.
- Ensuring that the technical content meets the requirements of the end-users.
- Practising good project management principles for tracking and reporting on the progress of the content development lifecycle.
- Ensuring that content increases comprehension and ease of use without the loss of precision and technical accuracy.
- Ensuring that technical content aligns with corporate standards.
Education & Qualifications
You should have a degree or post-graduate qualification in a related area. For example:
- Computer science/electrical /electronics engineering, physics, math, or software engineering
- English or comparative linguistics
- Technical writing
If you don't have a degree in one of these areas but you do have extensive experience and skills in technical writing or content development, then we'd like to hear from you.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Proven evidence of an active interest in technology, and a willingness to learn about Arm’s products
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to maintain rigour and precision while producing and editing highly-specialized material
- Creativity and an open mind
Desirable Skills & Experience
Familiarity with one or more of the following:
- Sufficient expertise in English Language
- Good French language knowledge
- MS Visio and other office tools
- Semiconductors experience
- Integrated circuits
- Microprocessors at an architectural level
- Python, Perl, or other scripting language
- HTML or XML
- Interest/working experience with Arm Products/Technologies
Why you will love this job?
You will work directly with engineers across the company with a major focus on the Physical IP Engineering team You will have a direct impact on our bottom line and the ability to deliver improvements for our customers and also be part of a growing, fast-paced, and fun team. You will have ownership for the implementation of your work!
We have a friendly and high-performance working environment, where Arm offers a competitive benefits package in France including: private medical insurance (employee and family), 25 days annual leave, 20-day sabbatical every four years, supplementary pension and reduction in working hours (11 days).
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.