Hardware application Engineer
ARM is looking for engineers to join our hardware applications engineering team based in Sophia Antipolis FR. We provide the front-line technical support and training to customers worldwide, developing the latest products using ARM CPU and System Component IP.
In this role you would have a varied work and be fault finding problems with customer designs based on ARM CPU & system IP, replicating issues using simulations and test benches. Once your knowledge has established, you would be visiting customer’s sites to deliver technical training courses to their development teams, whilst also providing reviews and advice on their system designs. You will also be responsible for helping to improve our products and facilitate our partners to embrace new technology. You will raise defects against development tools and documentation, review documentation and periodically write application notes, example source code and knowledge base articles.
- Provide fast and accurate answers to customer questions about ARM CPU & system hardware IP
- Develop and deliver customer training courses on CPU & System IP, both on site and remotely.
- Test IP deliverables and provide feedback to design team prior to release to customers.
- Perform customer SOC design reviews using ARM IP and provide functionality and optimisation recommendations.
- Create and modify web-based knowledgebase articles and application notes.
- Review documentation for hardware IP deliverables and provide improvement recommendations to the technical authors.
- Mentor more junior members of the team.
- Develop tools and techniques to aid Application Engineers find solutions more efficiently.
Required Skills and Experience:
- BSc, MSc or PhD degree qualification in Electronics/Computer Engineering or equivalent .
- Proven experience using HDL such as Verilog, VHDL and System Verilog.
- Understanding of CPU architectures and SoC design principles.
Nice To Have” Skills and Experience:
- Experience in using RTL simulation tools for debugging purposes.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and very hardworking professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Equal Opportunities at Arm
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Hybrid Working at Arm
Arm’s hybrid approach to working is centred around flexibility, where we split our time between the office and other locations to get our work done. We empower groups/teams to determine their hybrid working pattern, with an expected minimum attendance in the office of 20% per month, depending on the work, level of experience and team’s needs. In some cases, the flexibility we can offer is limited by local legal, regulatory, tax, or other considerations, and where this is the case, we will collaborate with you to find the best solution.