Experienced Applications Engineer
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England;
Sophia Antipolis, Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Region Date Posted Apr. 21, 2022 Category Applications Engineering
This is an excellent opportunity to join Arm's Sales and Partner Enablement group! Applications Engineers help Arm's partners to build real-world applications based on Arm technology. Our partners scale from big semiconductor houses to small start-ups, all of them are building new exciting products. This role gives the possibility to be at the forefront of technological evolution and accelerate innovation.
This role is available in the Budapest, Hungarian office/ in the French office, Sophia Antipolis/ UK Cambridge office and you will be part of an international team working across different countries.
Applications Engineering is a varied, deeply technical role, where you will not only use your expertise but your interpersonal skills to support our partners through their technical challenges. This role is mostly focusing on Arm IP and Subsystem products that target the IoT and Embedded markets.
Working with customers means that you will need to understand what they want to achieve, analyze their requests and issues and provide a solution that moves them forward. As the experience grows, you would be visiting customers’ sites to deliver technical training courses to their development teams, whilst also providing reviews and advice on their system designs. You may be required to mentor and guide more junior members of the team, passing on your deep experience and expertise and assisting with the development of the best working practices within the group.
You will also be responsible for helping to improve our products and facilitate our partners to embrace new technology. You will raise defects against development tools and documentation, review documentation and periodically write application notes, for example, source code and knowledge base articles.
- Provide fast and accurate technical answers to customer questions
- Develop and deliver technical training courses on System IP and Subsystems, both onsite and remotely
- Perform onsite customer SoC design reviews using ARM IP and provide functionality and optimalisation recommendations
- Work with Arm IP design and product management teams to improve partners experience and influence IP feature development
- Test IP deliverables and provide feedback to design team prior to release to customers
- Develop tools and techniques to aid Application Engineers solve problems more efficiently.
- Mentor and lead junior members of the team
- 3+ years of experience in Semiconductor industry
Required Skills and Experience :
- BSc Degree or higher qualification in Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- Excellent understanding of HDLs such as Verilog, System-Verilog or VHDL
- Good knowledge of CPU architecture principles and SoC design principles.
- Knowledge of ASIC/SoC design processes.
- Very good ability to recreate and debug RTL issues.
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Perl/python).
- Ability to work with remote teams.
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience :
- Knowledge of one or more AMBA bus protocols
- Knowledge of the Arm Architecture
All arm employees are provided with vital training to succeed in their respective roles. As well as a friendly and high-performance working environment, Arm offers a competitive benefits package including private medical insurance, sabbatical, supplementary pension, and wellness benefits.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.