Job header section
Staff Performance Modelling Engineer
job navigation section
Hardware at Arm
You know us. With 125 Arm-powered products shipped every second, we'll be in a over a trillion smart devices by 2035. Your smartphone, award-winning VR gaming, the world's fastest supercomputer – our engineers are designing the advanced core processors leading the race towards a connected, autonomous, hyper-performance future.
So, we promise you endless opportunities to experiment and go even further in hardware. From advanced core implementation to full custom physical IPs, here you'll have our backing to push limits in vital areas such as memory, IO and logic.
Learning and Development
We encourage our people to upskill as much as they want with a comprehensive learning and development package which includes technical development, mentoring, internal and external conferences, tech talks, and donut sessions. Whether you want to learn a new programming language, upskill your excel skills or read the latest articles on Microprocessor reporting we are with you to Spark the worlds potential.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid 4 weeks' sabbatical after 4 years of service.
You're a human being, not a resource. And so it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. That's why we offer flexible progressive leave. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, you'll be able to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy to ensure you can live life and be your brilliant self.
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated engineer to join one of the hardworking and high performing teams within Systems Engineering!
In this role you will work closely with IP and systems teams across Arm to benchmark performance results and analysis to assist in ultimately helping to build high-performance System IPs and Interconnects!
About System IP
This role is for the Interconnect and System MMU product teams.
The Interconnect team develops the Arm Corelink Interconnect IP family. Our Interconnects and NoCs are designed for intelligent connected systems across a wide range of applications including mobile, IoT, networking infrastructure, automotive etc. The highly scalable IP is optimised for AMBA-compliant SoC connectivity and can be customised for multiple performance points.
The SMMU team owns the development of next-generation Arm SMMU targeting high-end mobile, networking, and enterprise markets. The SMMU is a key component of the Arm Architecture that provides critical and sophisticated functionalities that complement systems design with Arm processors and Multimedia IP.
What will I be accountable for?
- Engage with architects and design teams to build end to end test cases in C++/Python/System Verilog targeting performance bottle necks in products such as System MMU and Network-On-Chip Interconnect
- Analyse design and identifying performance issues and improving the correlation of models against RTL
- To provide methodical benchmark result synthesis, analysis and presentation to wider team.
- Close collaboration with other Arm engineering teams leading to highly performance efficient IP that works well in a complete system.
- Support and collaborate with other teams building system level simulations using a range of models
- Building infrastructure for use in performance analysis to enable better inspection and visibility of performance in Systems IP
- Helping to define strategic direction of system performance modelling across Arm
Essential skills and experience
- Strong at C++ programming for large-scale software development and experience with RTL/emulation performance analysis and correlation.
- Experience in performance verification or modelling.
- Experienced in building hardware simulation and emulation testbench platforms
- Strong computer architecture knowledge
- Perl or Python scripting language skills
- You are able to plan and estimate your own work
- CPU or compute subsystem memory micro-architecture
- Working knowledge of common on-chip bus protocols such as AMBA
- Knowledge of SystemC Transaction Level Modelling would be a plus
- Knowledge of Verilog, System Verilog, and testbenches, experience interacting with RTL design, verification and architecture teams across multiple products
- Team leadership and mentoring experience
Arm is committed to global talent acquisition, offering an attractive relocation package. With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, creative and highly talented engineers. By enabling a dynamic, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unrivaled contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, value diversity at our company and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Life at Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.
Everything Made Possible
Just how far do the possibilities of Arm's tech stretch? AI, Machine Learning, IoT… billions of people use our technology every day, spanning countless nations, industries and applications. Most people run their lives on Arm technology. So, you see: you really do know us.