Sheffield, United Kingdom; Manchester, United Kingdom
Engineering DirectorApply now
Test Our Limits. Your Limits.
Every day the world invents something new to put our chips to the test. You can do the same. Because verification at Arm goes way, way beyond debugging – it’s solving the novel problems behind tech that barely exists yet. It’s working at the bleeding edge of machine learning, simulation software, model checking and hardware prototyping systems. It’s thinking the unthinkable and being sure we’re ready for it.
Work At The Very Edge
At Arm, you’re in a position to influence 95% of the world’s connected devices and all of their applications. Healthcare, infrastructure, virtual reality… you’ll affect hundreds, if not thousands of industries worldwide, racing towards new milestones in human endeavour.
Learning And Development
Whether you want to learn a new programming language, explore your management potential or witness the latest innovations at industry conferences, we promise you both the freedom and the support to develop when you want it.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid four-week sabbatical after 4 years of service.
You're a human being, not a resource. So it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, our flexible progressive leave allows you to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform, Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy, so you can live life and be your brilliant self.
Solutions Engineering team’s mission is to enable our partners by delivering a secure, performant, reliable hardware and software that are easy to use. The Systems Development group develops compute subsystems and SoC’s for a wide range of market segments including Client, Infra, IoT and Automotive. As part of this work, we utilize the latest IP products from Arm and third party vendors. The team includes members in multiple UK sites, France, Hungary, US and Bangalore!
We are looking for a passionate engineering leader to be Engineering Director for our teams based in Sheffield and Manchester. You will join a highly focused group where you will lead subsystem design centres comprising of design and verification teams.
As the engineering leader you will manage a rapidly growing team of 65+ engineers and be expected to adopt a wide range of responsibilities.
- Provide effective leadership helping the group leadership team to build and develop a diverse inclusive local design centre by hiring, mentoring, coaching and talent management.
- Involve in resource assignments, future project planning, managing contractors and financial budgets.
- You will also work with other engineering managers and tech leads on the engineering execution of projects.
- You will balance other opportunities such as working with project managers on activities, plans, and schedules
- Communicate clearly and effectively with peers, partners and groups across multiple disciplines
- Opportunities to craft the team culture and norms, improve engineering practices and be part of the rapid and exciting growth of Arm Solutions Engineering.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors (BS) or Masters (MS/MSc) in Electronics, Electrical or Computer Engineering - although other degrees will be considered with relevant work experience
- A consistent track record of managing engineers
- A passion for developing people and helping them advance their careers
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Experience of leading RTL design and verification teams for complex SoCs and ASIC products
'Nice to Have' skills and Experience:
- Practical experience of working on Arm IPs based SoCs
- Fundamentals of computer architecture and systems
- Experience working on Processor based system designs
We are offering a hybrid approach to home and office working to provide an adaptable experience for all employees. We expect some working time to be spent in office, to promote a strong collaborative environment with good team integration but are accommodating to different home working requirements.
Accommodations at Arm
At Arm, we want our people to Do Great Things. If you need support or an accommodation to Be Your Brilliant Self during the recruitment process, please email email@example.com. To note, by sending us the requested information, you consent to its use by Arm to arrange for appropriate accommodations. All accommodation requests will be treated with confidentiality, and information concerning these requests will only be disclosed as necessary to provide the accommodation. Although this is not an exhaustive list, examples of support include breaks between interviews, having documents read aloud or office accessibility. Please email us about anything we can do to accommodate you during the recruitment process.
Equal Opportunities at Arm
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Hybrid Working at Arm
Arm’s hybrid approach to working is centred around flexibility, where we split our time between the office and other locations to get our work done. We empower groups/teams to determine their hybrid working pattern, with an expected minimum attendance in the office of 20% per month, depending on the work, level of experience and team’s needs. In some cases, the flexibility we can offer is limited by local legal, regulatory, tax, or other considerations, and where this is the case, we will collaborate with you to find the best solution.
Life At Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.