Job header section
Power Analysis Engineer
job navigation section
Hardware at Arm
You know us. With 125 Arm-powered products shipped every second, we'll be in a over a trillion smart devices by 2035. Your smartphone, award-winning VR gaming, the world's fastest supercomputer – our engineers are designing the advanced core processors leading the race towards a connected, autonomous, hyper-performance future.
So, we promise you endless opportunities to experiment and go even further in hardware. From advanced core implementation to full custom physical IPs, here you'll have our backing to push limits in vital areas such as memory, IO and logic.
Learning and Development
We encourage our people to upskill as much as they want with a comprehensive learning and development package which includes technical development, mentoring, internal and external conferences, tech talks, and donut sessions. Whether you want to learn a new programming language, upskill your excel skills or read the latest articles on Microprocessor reporting we are with you to Spark the worlds potential.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid 4 weeks' sabbatical after 4 years of service.
You're a human being, not a resource. And so it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. That's why we offer flexible progressive leave. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, you'll be able to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy to ensure you can live life and be your brilliant self.
Do you have a passion to shape the future of chip design? In the Solutions Engineering group at Arm, we offer the outstanding opportunity for an experiencedPower Analysis Engineerto join our successful team in a dynamic and diverse role!
Arm is establishing a team to develop best-in-class silicon demonstrators based on Arm’s IP compute sub-system solutions, addressing markets such as premium mobile, infrastructure and automotive. Arm’s ambition is to demonstrate efficient performance by architecting, designing, implementing, and fabricating pioneering silicon test chips using the latest nodes and the latest SoC 2.5D & 3D packaging technologies.
This is an exciting and unique initiative, where we are bringing in innovative talent and expertise from across the semiconductor industry to drive how the next generation of leading compute on Arm devices are built across the industry, opening up significant potential for the future.
Power analysis engineers will join a highly focused group where we analyse and optimise the power of our next generation compute solutions using innovative technologies, methodologies and tools.
- Analysing and optimising the power efficiency of a pre-silicon SoC.
- Understanding of low-power design features and techniques to achieve a power efficient design.
- Generate metrics along with the visualization to the demonstrate power saving capabilities of the compute subsystems.
- Driving the development of EDA power analysis tools, to measure, explore and optimize power during the SoC development cycle.
- Analysis engineers are encouraged to work directly with architecture and design teams develop and analyse real use-cases and implement power optimisation techniques.
- Closely collaborate with the performance analysis team to improve system power and performance.
- Continuous innovation by improving the power analysis methodologies used by the team.
Required Skills and Experience :
We are looking for experienced analysis engineers or motivated design or implementation engineers who have valuable transferable skills and a passion for power analysis.
- Experience with low power design techniques - clock and power gating, voltage/frequency scaling, memory/logic retention.
- Ability to make trade-offs between power, performance and area will be vital to the role.
- The ability to analyse problems, reason logically about solutions and chart the appropriate course to take.
- Knowledge of RTL development using Verilog, System Verilog or VHDL.
- Algorithmic thinking, with well-tested programming/scripting ability. (e.g. Tcl, Bash, Python, Perl etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Bachelors (BS) or Masters (MS/MSc) in Electronics, Electrical or Computer Engineering - although other degrees will be considered with meaningful work experience.
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience :
Working in power analysis you will experience a broad range of skills in the role.
- Experience developing or analysing System/CPU/Graphics benchmarks using power or performance analysis tools.
- Background in running simulation/emulation tools in linux cluster environments.
- Knowledge of power intent design methodologies such as UPF.
- Exposure to all stages of design : initial concept, specification, implementation, power analysis, power optimisation, testing, documentation and support.
- Experience of RTL design and/or physical implementation for complex SoCs and ASIC products.
- Understanding of power delivery and experience of static and dynamic IR-drop analysis.
- Good understanding of the concepts related to Synthesis, Place & Route, Clock tree synthesis, constraint development, timing closure.
- A background of development based on Arm IPs.
- Experience working on Processor based system designs.
Arm is committed to global talent acquisition, offering an attractive relocation package. With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, creative and highly talented engineers. By enabling a dynamic, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unrivaled contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Accommodations at Arm
At Arm, we want our people to Do Great Things. If you need support or an accommodation to Be Your Brilliant Self during the recruitment process, please email email@example.com. To note, by sending us the requested information, you consent to its use by Arm to arrange for appropriate accommodations. All accommodation requests will be treated with confidentiality, and information concerning these requests will only be disclosed as necessary to provide the accommodation. Although this is not an exhaustive list, examples of support include breaks between interviews, having documents read aloud or office accessibility. Please email us about anything we can do to accommodate you during the recruitment process.
Equal Opportunities at Arm
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Hybrid Working at Arm
Arm’s hybrid approach to working is centred around flexibility, where we split our time between the office and other locations to get our work done. Within that framework, we empower groups and teams to determine their own particular hybrid working pattern, depending on the work and the team’s needs. Details of what this means for each role will be shared upon application. In some cases, the flexibility we can offer is limited by local legal, regulatory, tax, or other considerations, and where this is the case, we will collaborate with you to find the best solution. Please talk to us to find out more about what this could look like for you.
Life at Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.
Everything Made Possible
Just how far do the possibilities of Arm's tech stretch? AI, Machine Learning, IoT… billions of people use our technology every day, spanning countless nations, industries and applications. Most people run their lives on Arm technology. So, you see: you really do know us.