Job header section
job navigation section
Start Your Career at Arm
Got a love for coding? Hardware design? IT project management? We're with you. Whatever you want to do, do it at the highest level. Arm is the driving force behind 70% of technology used by the world’s population – from your smartphone to VR headsets to the world’s fastest supercomputer. You'll master your craft while working with the biggest names in tech.
At the same time, your training and development will be second to none. We put our trust in you to work on big, global projects because you'll have our world-class mentors on your side, giving you just the right combination of freedom and support. And you'll also have your own development roadmap which you can pair with your choice workshops to take the skills you want to expert levels.
Learning and Development
We encourage our people to upskill as much as they want with a comprehensive learning and development package which includes technical development, mentoring, internal and external conferences, tech talks, and donut sessions. Whether you want to learn a new programming language, upskill your excel skills or read the latest articles on Microprocessor reporting we are with you to Spark the worlds potential.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid 4 weeks' sabbatical after 4 years of service.
You're a human being, not a resource. And so it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. That's why we offer flexible progressive leave. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, you'll be able to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy to ensure you can live life and be your brilliant self.
Do you have a passion to shape the future of chip design? In the Systems group at Arm, we offer the rare opportunity for an ambitious experienced physical implementation engineer to join our successful team in a dynamic and diverse role!
Arm is building a team to develop best-in-class silicon demonstrators based on Arm’s IP compute sub-system solutions and addressing markets such as premium mobile, infrastructure and automotive. Using the latest nodes, e.g. 3nm today and utilizing the latest SoC 2.5D and 3D packaging developments, Arm’s initial ambition is to demonstrate industry best-in-class performance by architecting, designing, implementing, and fabricating leading edge silicon test chips. This is an exciting and unique initiative, where we are bringing in state of the art talent and expertise from across the semiconductor industry to drive how the next generation of leading compute on Arm devices are built across the industry opening up significant potential for the future!
As an implementation engineer, you'll be influencing RTL development to optimize the power, performance and cohesiveness of Arm's solutions, whilst innovating, evolving and deploying our next generation of implementation flows. You'll wield influence over the development of EDA tools and drive EDA development in building and taping out groundbreaking development platforms to showcase Arm IP and demonstrator chips to prove new concepts in silicon on advanced silicon process nodes.
- Physical implementation of Arm System IPs & complex subsystems (Premium Smartphone, Large screen compute & Infrastructure subsystems) using the entire physical implementation flow from Synthesis, floorplanning, Place & route, Backend verification (DRC/LVS) to STA
- Objective would be to optimize performance power and area as required across a range of technology nodes and demonstrate the best in class implementation of our designs
- Work closely with design team and influence system micro architecture to develop products that will complement physical design
- Collaborate with our chip design partners to support their physical implementation success
- Collaborate with our EDA vendors to develop and deploy new methodologies to improve implementation efficiency and results
- Convert ground-breaking and innovative R&D concepts into real implementation solutions
Required skills and experience:
- A STEM degree in a relevant field, such as electronics engineering or computer science
- Good understanding of the concepts related to Synthesis, Place & Route, Clock tree synthesis, constraint development, timing closure and knowledge of hardware languages: Verilog/System verilog
- Working experience with tools like DC/Genus, ICC2/Innovus, Primetime/Tempus and other relevant tools required for physical implementation
- Algorithmic thinking, with well-tested programming ability in Tcl, Make and Linux shell
- The ability to analyse problems, reason logically about solutions and chart the appropriate course to take
- Experience in architecting and embracing new silicon implementation techniques and methodologies
- Be able dream big, explore new ideas and communicate them effectively
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
'Nice to have' skills and experience:
- Knowledge of microprocessor architecture, Arm IP and Arm-based SoCs
- Experience with RTL design in an HDL such as Verilog, SystemVerilog or VHDL
- Experience with low power design techniques - clock and power gating, voltage/frequency scaling, retention
- Understanding of power delivery and experience of static and dynamic IR-drop analysis
- Experience of physical verification (LVS and DRC) flows
- Experience with DFT/ATPG tools and/or production testing
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Equal Opportunities at Arm
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Hybrid Working at Arm
Arm’s hybrid approach to working is centred around flexibility, where we split our time between the office and other locations to get our work done. We empower groups/teams to determine their hybrid working pattern, with an expected minimum attendance in the office of 20% per month, depending on the work, level of experience and team’s needs. In some cases, the flexibility we can offer is limited by local legal, regulatory, tax, or other considerations, and where this is the case, we will collaborate with you to find the best solution.
Life at Arm
There's an open and casual atmosphere here that's so characteristic of Arm. We build spaces for continuous learning and creative expression. No matter the level of person you're approaching, they're always ready for a down-to-earth conversation. And it's easy to make friends with such a diverse network of graduates, interns, part-time undergraduates and apprentices all sticking together. Because diversity is essential to how we innovate – one reason why we're promoting more women into leadership positions.
Everything Made Possible
Just how far do the possibilities of Arm's tech stretch? AI, Machine Learning, IoT… billions of people use our technology every day, spanning countless nations, industries, and applications. So much so, there's virtually never a time or place we're not with you.