Senior Royalty Audit Manager
Manage the process of a royalty audit from inspection to audit close out, including but not limited to meeting with licensees, reviewing licensee agreements, identify audit risks, negotiating closing, presenting to management, keeping track of the process and analyze royalty reports. Communicate with licensees and other internal organizations, including Finance, Licensing, Sales, Marketing, Legal and Investor Relations.
What will I be accountable for?
· You will manage and perform all facets of the royalty audits: resource and audit planning, audit execution, deliverable reviews, and settlement and negotiations.
· Tracking and collecting of royalty audit payments and settlements.
· Publishing weekly and quarterly audit reports, and summaries.
· Manage audit critical metrics including audit and budget for the audits under manager’s projects. Work with external third parties, and internal AP to track against the budget effectively.
· Work closely with Global licensing teams to resolve any discrepancies between reporting and royalties identified.
· Build and maintain key strategic relationships with contracted 3rd party auditors globally to support the audit plan.
· Drive, and execute audit issues. Influence sales to negotiate audit closures with customers effectively.
· Build key relationships with company partners and influence strategic decision-making where royalty audits are included as part.
· Assist in development and implementation of operational policies to support internal infrastructure growth.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
· You will hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
· Strong attention to detail and efficiency; ability to consolidate complex sets of data into logical groups to facilitate analysis and share summarized data with internal teams.
· Ability to adapt to different licensee conditions and cultural differences while executing audits globally.
· Experience negotiating and resolving disputed issues.
· Experience in working across cultures, in different countries.
· Ability to work independently, self-motivated and a self-starter.
· Strong communicator, both written and verbal.
· Ability to communicate, connect and build relationships with internal stakeholders at Arm.
· Strategic thinker able to make prudent business decisions.
· The ability to influence and resolve issues with senior leaders and major customers; sophisticated negotiating skills is desirable.
· Previous experience building strong relationships and instilling trust with customers, and internal teams.
What will give your application an edge?
· Prior experience working with a Big 4 accounting firm is desired.
· Deep understanding of technology, and licensing in the context of royalty and license compliance in the semiconductor, software, and consumer electronics industries.
· CPA, or MBA, and Audit background preferred.
At ARM, we are proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviors will be assessed as part of the recruitment process:
· Partner and customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
· Collaboration and communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
· Creativity and innovation – Possessing a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
· Team and personal development – You take time to drive your own development, whilst also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
· Impact and influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
· Deliver on your promises – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and craft extraordinary:
We Not I
Passion For Progress
Be Your Brilliant Self Be quirky not egocentric Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’ Make trust our default position Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.