Principal Automotive GPU Architect
San Diego, California Date Posted Jul. 24, 2023 Category Architecture
The Central Technology Team within Arm develops key technologies which will form the foundation of future products.
You will join a multinational, multifaceted, collaborative and highly motivated Graphics team in Central Technology to help craft the direction of our world leading Mali™ and Immortalis™ Graphics products. The Arm Graphics Processor is the #1 shipping GPU.
Your job responsibilities will be diverse and may include architecture, technology research, hands-on prototyping and experimental investigations, participating in key industry consortium's, engaging with product groups, working closely together with the engineering team, and taking part in partner and customer engagements.
You will need to have architecture and hardware/software development skills, in addition to being able to think creatively. In this role you can expect to be a technical lead where your ideas will make a difference and enable you to make your mark delivering industry leading Automotive GPU IP.
Together with our world-leading architects you will:
- Own the effort to define next generation Automotive GPU architecture in both IVI and autonomous driving market.
- Supervise Automotive industry GPU trends, find opportunities to improve the product development and bring together the requirements.
- Perform high level performance modeling and analysis of graphics hardware features, applications, benchmarks and games.
- Understand and analyses system level architectural trade-offs (including hardware, memory systems and system s/w).
- Develop and improve tools for architectural exploration and performance analysis.
- Collaborate with the Arm engineering team to see your ideas delivered into products.
- May engage 3rd party Arm partners to achieve the highest level of product performance and quality.
Required Skills and Experience :
- BSEE or BSCS required. MS/PhD in EE or CS preferred.
- Minimum 15+ years Computer Graphics and Processor experiences in Automotive industry or equivalent.
- Detailed knowledge of Automotive vehicle architectures and system level design.
- Understanding of functional safety requirement standards and approaches, e.g. ASIL-B and ASIL-D.
- You have a strong programming ability: C, C++, scripting.
- Good knowledge of graphics and computer API’s (OpenGL, OpenCL, DX, etc.).
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience :
- A repeated experience of driving architecture development, especially in Automotive GPU or system.
- Previous experience may have included Hyperscale and Virtualization architecture.
- Previous experience involved performance modeling micro-architecture.
From : $246,925
Accommodations at Arm
At Arm, we want our people to Do Great Things. If you need support or an accommodation to Be Your Brilliant Self during the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. To note, by sending us the requested information, you consent to its use by Arm to arrange for appropriate accommodations. All accommodation requests will be treated with confidentiality, and information concerning these requests will only be disclosed as necessary to provide the accommodation. Although this is not an exhaustive list, examples of support include breaks between interviews, having documents read aloud or office accessibility. Please email us about anything we can do to accommodate you during the recruitment process.
Equal Opportunities at Arm
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Hybrid Working at Arm
Arm’s hybrid approach to working is centred around flexibility, where we split our time between the office and other locations to get our work done. Within that framework, we empower groups and teams to determine their own particular hybrid working pattern, depending on the work and the team’s needs. Details of what this means for each role will be shared upon application. In some cases, the flexibility we can offer is limited by local legal, regulatory, tax, or other considerations, and where this is the case, we will collaborate with you to find the best solution. Please talk to us to find out more about what this could look like for you.