Marketing Data Analyst
Marketing Data Analyst
We are seeking a hardworking Marketing Data Analyst to join our team. If you’re the right person for this role, you know that analysis is just one step in a long journey. In the first stage, you’ll need to be fastidious in governing our data collection practices so that we have rich, meaningful, consistent prospect and customer data to work with. At the second stage, you know that analysis isn’t just about fishing out interesting insights; it’s about identifying which of many findings are the ones to focus on in order to drive more efficient processes, prioritize spending, and inevitably to enhance marketing’s contribution to sales pipeline.
Next stage? Set goals, track how your insights are translated into action, and report on how well we did. Last stage? Well … there is no last stage. You keep iterating and refining, always enthusiastically adapting to changing business landscapes and evolving goals. What does it all add up to? It’s no exaggeration that this is a unique opportunity to significantly contribute to the bottom line of a technology company that is sparking the world’s potential.
Be prepared to bring and discuss your case studies – examples of insights you derived from deep data analysis, how you presented your findings and translated them into actions, and the results achieved.
What will I be accountable for?
- Drive a methodology for consistent data capture, cleansing and enrichment across our CRM, marketing automation and other data platforms.
- Work with Marketing and Sales stakeholders to develop a data dictionary that drives agreement across these functions about the format, meaning and metadata characteristics of key data points.
- Forge agreement on the key KPIs for marketing programs and assist in translating these into strategic campaign and spending plans that deliver on targets for brand awareness and sales pipeline contribution.
- Create marketing KPI reports and dashboards and train and empower Marketing and Sales leaders to use them for basic business insight and “what if” explorations. Provide analysis and insights into what is and isn’t working.
- Analyze the effectiveness of our campaign metrics and, working with Marketing and Sales managers, refine our scoring and analysis methodology.
- Analyze the full customer journey from awareness to engagement to commitment.
- Work with our global marketing managers to devise meaningful A/B and personalization tests, iterate and refine, and capture the conclusions to help build a Center of Excellence for marketing best practices.
- Cast an inquiring gaze across our entire data landscape to spot additional insights that can optimize marketing’s contribution to the business
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related discipline. MBA or Advanced degree in statistics is a plus
- Minimum 5 years of experience in B2B high-tech marketing, with at least 3 years of focused experience as a marketing data analyst
- Experience managing a customer data platform such as Treasure Data or similar solutions
- Experience with Salesforce reporting
- Experience with Marketo reporting a plus
- Experience with visualization tools such as PowerBi or Tableau (and of course: Excel)
- Must be articulate, persuasive, and comfortable evangelizing insights and making concrete recommendations to peer and executive audiences in marketing and sales
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.