Job header section
Graduate Machine Learning Engineer
job navigation section
Start Your Career at Arm
Got a love for coding? Hardware design? IT project management? We're with you. Whatever you want to do, do it at the highest level. Arm is the driving force behind 70% of technology used by the world’s population – from your smartphone to VR headsets to the world’s fastest supercomputer. You'll master your craft while working with the biggest names in tech.
At the same time, your training and development will be second to none. We put our trust in you to work on big, global projects because you'll have our world-class mentors on your side, giving you just the right combination of freedom and support. And you'll also have your own development roadmap which you can pair with your choice workshops to take the skills you want to expert levels.
Learning and Development
We encourage our people to upskill as much as they want with a comprehensive learning and development package which includes technical development, mentoring, internal and external conferences, tech talks, and donut sessions. Whether you want to learn a new programming language, upskill your excel skills or read the latest articles on Microprocessor reporting we are with you to Spark the worlds potential.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid 4 weeks' sabbatical after 4 years of service.
You're a human being, not a resource. And so it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. That's why we offer flexible progressive leave. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, you'll be able to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy to ensure you can live life and be your brilliant self.
As the industry's leading supplier of microprocessor technology, Arm provides efficient, low-power chip technology making electronic innovations come to life. Our hard-working and creative engineers make a significant impact within a rich ecosystem by developing CPUs, graphics processors, complex system IP, supporting software development tools, and physical libraries. These contributions have enabled more than one thousand Arm partners to ship over 100 billion groundbreaking Arm-powered processors.
About the role
You will be a member of the ML-Tech Algorithms team, where you will:
- Analyze complex and advanced NN, by supporting the architecture development
- Conduct exploration to develop optimized models in supporting architecture development
- Develop algorithms including deployment and network optimization to enable running of industry NN on ARM IP.
What will I be accountable for?
You will work towards developing new algorithms that can make powerful deep networks more suitable for resource-constrained Arm hardware, e.g., Arm CPUs/GPUs/NPUs (Neural Processing Units are specialized hardware used for fast processing of Deep Neural Networks)) and Neural Architecture Search where the idea is to find an architecture for deep networks that achieves high accuracy despite incurring low computational costs.
What qualifications do I need?
Currently enrolled on a Masters or PhD program in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering
What skills and experience I need?
- ability to develop and work with large software systems in programming languages like Python
- knowledge of cutting-edge deep learning libraries such as Tensorflow and Pytorch
- willing to learn and train in large deep learning models on powerful GPU-based systems
- ability to work with complex mathematics/statistics for research and development of effective, new algorithms
- you will be able to work with ML Model Optimization techniques targeted for resource constrained Arm edge compute device
At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our creative culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. We are welcoming someone with the following:
- Creativity/innovation – Possessing curiosity and a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
- Teamwork/communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
- Personalimpact/influence – You listen to different ideas, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
- Team/personaldevelopment – You take time to drive your own development, while also supporting team members and partners to do the same.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Life at Arm
There's an open and casual atmosphere here that's so characteristic of Arm. We build spaces for continuous learning and creative expression. No matter the level of person you're approaching, they're always ready for a down-to-earth conversation. And it's easy to make friends with such a diverse network of graduates, interns, part-time undergraduates and apprentices all sticking together. Because diversity is essential to how we innovate – one reason why we're promoting more women into leadership positions.
Everything Made Possible
Just how far do the possibilities of Arm's tech stretch? AI, Machine Learning, IoT… billions of people use our technology every day, spanning countless nations, industries, and applications. So much so, there's virtually never a time or place we're not with you.