Director of Automotive Subsystems- GTM
Director/Senior Manager Automotive Subsystems Go-to-market (GTM) – Cambridge, UK or San Jose, CA, USA
The automotive market is going through a major transition and turning into a technology focused industry. If you are interested in being central to this, in a high profile role driving strategy, alignment and plans - both internally and externally - where your efforts can have an impact on the business and the industry, then you may be the person we need!
We are looking for a Director or Senior Manager of Automotive Subsystem Go-to-market (GTM). This role has commercial and GTM responsibility for Arm’s products and portfolio in compute subsystems.
This position will develope an understanding of the trends across all segments of automotive – from the latest microcontrollers to sophisticated autonomous systems. It will then work internally to disseminate this knowledge and lead in developing strategies to improve our revenue, market share and mind share across the industry.
As SoCs and ICs for ADAS, IVI and other segments increase in performance and complexity, Arm is being asked to go beyond our traditional role of providing individual processors and to provide processor clusters and subsystems. This is a new area for us in automotive and this role will be responsible for pathfinding as this approach is developed as well as defining the strategies and market engagement that will make us successful.
This position is within the dedicated Automotive Line-of-Business (LoB) and reports to the VP Automotive GTM!
- Interacting with automotive OEMs, autonomous vehicle companies, Tier 1s, semiconductor companies and the software ecosystem to understand the key needs and trends of the market
- Formulate this information into coherent market intelligence and becoming the internal authority/evangelist for this area
- Work across the product management, software and other technology groups to build strategies for Arm in automotive subsystems
- Lead in the commercial framing, business justification and modeling of the automotive subsystem offerings
- Work closely with product management to define Arm’s automotive subsystem roadmap.
- Lead outbound positioning, messaging and collateral for automotive subsystems. Includes direct external evangelism in the press and at events
- Define go-to-market plans and lead the ongoing engagement with the market. Support sales in understanding the value of Arm subsystems, promoting them and, ultimately, closing commercial deals
- Awareness of different cultures and willing to travel internationally (case specific but typically 10% range)
Required Skills and Experience :
As part of the above, it is assumed you will be perceptive, strategic, influential, and eager to engage with people both internally and externally to drive Arm automotive subsystem offering in the market.
Other experience which would be relevant to the role:
- Experience in leading professionals in an authentic, clear and motivational way
- Understanding of business plans and commercial justifications
- Strategic approach, able to comprehend sophisticated/vague situations and produce a clear vision and direction
- Market focused with a passion for creative solutions aligned with strategy
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; able to communicate and present, both internally and externally, to all levels, from CEOs to engineers
- Consistent track record in establishing relationships with external organizations
Nice to have skills and experience:
- Automotive or computer processor (CPU) experience helpful but not required
- Proactive teammate with excellent networking and influencing skills
- Self-motivated and adept at planning, prioritization and organization
This position offers an incredible opportunity to join a growing, highly influential organization at the heart of one of the most exciting markets and to lead from the front as the organization engages in a more sophisticated way.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
“We value people as individuals and our commitment is to reward people competitively and equitably for the work they do and the skills and experience they bring to Arm. Salary is only one component of Arm’s offering. The total reward package will be shared with candidates during the recruitment and selection process.”
Accommodations at Arm
At Arm, we want our people to Do Great Things. If you need support or an accommodation to Be Your Brilliant Self during the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. To note, by sending us the requested information, you consent to its use by Arm to arrange for appropriate accommodations. All accommodation requests will be treated with confidentiality, and information concerning these requests will only be disclosed as necessary to provide the accommodation. Although this is not an exhaustive list, examples of support include breaks between interviews, having documents read aloud or office accessibility. Please email us about anything we can do to accommodate you during the recruitment process.
Hybrid Working at Arm
Arm’s hybrid approach to working is centred around flexibility, where we split our time between the office and other locations to get our work done. Within that framework, we empower groups and teams to determine their own particular hybrid working pattern, depending on the work and the team’s needs. Details of what this means for each role will be shared upon application. In some cases, the flexibility we can offer is limited by local legal, regulatory, tax, or other considerations, and where this is the case, we will collaborate with you to find the best solution. Please talk to us to find out more about what this could look like for you.
Equal Opportunities at Arm
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.