San Diego, California
SoC ArchitectApply now
Piece Together The World’s Most Powerful Puzzle
This world has a design. It’s infinite yet discoverable. Small yet powerful. Our design engineers must all at once predict it and create it. From implementation of the most advanced CPU, GPU and HPC processors on the planet to dreaming up every eventuality that could put our SoC and system IP to the test, we puzzle over the biggest questions of our time. And microarchitect the future.
Work At The Very Edge
At Arm, you’re in a position to influence 95% of the world’s connected devices and all of their applications. Healthcare, infrastructure, virtual reality… you’ll affect hundreds, if not thousands of industries worldwide, racing towards new milestones in human endeavour.
Learning And Development
Whether you want to learn a new programming language, explore your management potential or witness the latest innovations at industry conferences, we promise you both the freedom and the support to develop when you want it.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid four-week sabbatical after 4 years of service.
You're a human being, not a resource. So it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, our flexible progressive leave allows you to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform, Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy, so you can live life and be your brilliant self.
There are multiple opportunities available with titles for the positions ranging from Principal Engineer up to Distinguished Engineer!
SoC Architect is a technical role responsible for architecting and designing high-volume, sophisticated, SoC platforms on leading-edge nodes across multiple market segments including mobile, automotive, datacenter and networking, and IoT. This position plays a meaningful role in the development of production-quality silicon with outstanding performance and power efficiency, both in partnership with Arm partners and producing Arm development silicon.
In this role, the successful candidate is encouraged to:
- Design and develop Arm’s SoC architecture based on Arm product IP and system architecture to meet the requirements of best-in-class compute across our market segments.
- Work proactively across Arm’s architecture and core technology teams to ensure a roadmap of architecture platforms and technology feature development supporting the needs of leading edge SoCs
- Collaborate with a team of SoC architects with the expertise to leave no stone unturned in the quest to design world-leading SoCs. Ability to scale across multiple partners and deliver multiple engagements in parallel.
- Collaborate with core, technology and software teams to optimize the end-to-end platform solutions
- Participate in identifying the key use cases and workloads showcasing the best of Arm IP/platform
- Work with engineering teams across Arm to coordinate on-time delivery of Arm IP into SoCs, and work together to ensure that what we learn from SoC development shapes how we develop future IP.
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement in SoC architecture staying up to date on industry trend and new technologies
- Participate and drive partner/customer specific architecture discussions. Bring specifications to a mature stage allowing design and implementation teams to engage actively
Required Skills & Experience :
- Significant experience in architecting scalable SoCs on leading edge nodes across multiple market segments
- Expertise in multiple of the following areas: heterogeneous compute architectures, power management, clocking, coherent and non-coherent interconnect, PCIe/CXL, multi-level caching architecture, functional profiling & debug, security and access control, virtualization, memory hierarchies, sophisticated 2.5D/3D packaging, performance / power modeling & estimation, soft real-time accelerators, DRAM memory technologies.
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills. Able to present at executive level inside and outside of Arm.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degrees in Electrical or Computer Engineering and 10 years of experience in a senior development or leadership position within semiconductor industry
- Proven track record of timely, to-specification delivery of multiple sophisticated projects in parallel
- Ability to work optimally in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and requirements
- Ability to influence at all levels, across engineering and business organizations internal and external to Arm, in their peer group, across execution, strategy and change.
- Prepared to challenge the status quo constructively at senior level.
From: $ 199,750
To: $ 258,500
Sr. Principal Engineer
From: $ 240,550
To: $ 311,300
From: $ 287,300
We value people as individuals and our commitment is to reward people competitively and equitably for the work they do and the skills and experience they bring to Arm. Salary is only one component of Arm’s offering. The total reward package will be provided to candidates within the recruitment and selection process.
In Return, you can expect:
To join a newly forming Solution Engineering SoC architecture team with significant opportunities to impact the shape, definition, and culture of the team and help build our future success. This will be a fast paced and exciting environment with opportunities to demonstrate your strategic and innovative thinking while directly contributing to current projects.
Arm is proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work collaboratively to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviors are assessed as part of the process:
- Partner and customer focus
- Collaboration and communication
- Creativity and innovation
- Team and personal development
- Impact and influence
- Deliver on your promises
Accommodations at Arm
At Arm, we want our people to Do Great Things. If you need support or an accommodation to Be Your Brilliant Self during the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. To note, by sending us the requested information, you consent to its use by Arm to arrange for appropriate accommodations. All accommodation requests will be treated with confidentiality, and information concerning these requests will only be disclosed as necessary to provide the accommodation. Although this is not an exhaustive list, examples of support include breaks between interviews, having documents read aloud or office accessibility. Please email us about anything we can do to accommodate you during the recruitment process.
Equal Opportunities at Arm
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Hybrid Working at Arm
Arm’s hybrid approach to working is centred around flexibility, where we split our time between the office and other locations to get our work done. We empower groups/teams to determine their hybrid working pattern, with an expected minimum attendance in the office of 20% per month, depending on the work, level of experience and team’s needs. In some cases, the flexibility we can offer is limited by local legal, regulatory, tax, or other considerations, and where this is the case, we will collaborate with you to find the best solution.
Life At Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.