Job header section
Senior DFT Engineer
job navigation section
Hardware at Arm
You know us. With 125 Arm-powered products shipped every second, we'll be in a over a trillion smart devices by 2035. Your smartphone, award-winning VR gaming, the world's fastest supercomputer – our engineers are designing the advanced core processors leading the race towards a connected, autonomous, hyper-performance future.
So, we promise you endless opportunities to experiment and go even further in hardware. From advanced core implementation to full custom physical IPs, here you'll have our backing to push limits in vital areas such as memory, IO and logic.
Learning and Development
We encourage our people to upskill as much as they want with a comprehensive learning and development package which includes technical development, mentoring, internal and external conferences, tech talks, and donut sessions. Whether you want to learn a new programming language, upskill your excel skills or read the latest articles on Microprocessor reporting we are with you to Spark the worlds potential.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid 4 weeks' sabbatical after 4 years of service.
You're a human being, not a resource. And so it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. That's why we offer flexible progressive leave. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, you'll be able to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy to ensure you can live life and be your brilliant self.
Arm’s CE-Systems DFT team implements DFT for test chips and hard macros to prove out Arm soft IP power, performance, area, and functionality within the context of an SoC using the latest DFT and process technologies.
The DFT team works closely with RTL, Verification, Physical Implementation, and Test engineering teams throughout the life cycle of a project, from an early investigation stage all the way through tape-out and silicon test/characterization on ATE.
- Architect, implement, and validate innovative DFT techniques
- Insert DFT logic into SoC style designs at the RTL level and at the Synthesis gate level, validate all features, and generate ATE targeted test patterns to be run on silicon.
- Work closely with adjoining design teams on DFT RTL level insertion, back-end synthesis, place-and-route, and static-timing-analysis teams on DFT gate level insertion and timing closure, and Test and Debug teams on silicon characterization and validation.
Required Skills and Experience :
- This role is for a DFT Engineer with 5+ years experience in DFT
- Experience coding Verilog RTL, TCL and/or Perl
- Proficient in Unix/Linux environments
- Core DFT skills considered crucial for this position should include some of the following: Scan compression and insertion, Memory BIST implementation, JTAG/IJTAG, at-speed test, ATPG, fault simulation, back-annotated gate level verification.
- Experience with Siemens, Cadence, and/or Synopsys DFT and simulation tools
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience :
- Familiarity with IEEE 1149, 1500, 1687, 1838
- Synthesis and STA
- Familiarity with SoC style architectures including multi-clock domain and low power design practices.
- Familiarity with Arm CPU's and GPU's is a plus.
- Experience with 2.5D and 3D test
- Good analytical and debug skills with a "figure it out" mentality
- Communicate optimally across teams and sites in different geographies and time zones
- Hard-working and excellent time management skills with an ability to multi-task
From: $ 136,230
To: $ 176,297
We value people as individuals and our commitment is to reward people competitively and equitably for the work they do and the skills and experience they bring to Arm. Salary is only one component of Arm’s offering. The total reward package will be shared with candidates during the recruitment and selection process
At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary.
- Partner and customer focus
- Collaboration and communication
- Creativity and innovation
- Team and personal development
- Impact and influence
- Deliver on your promises
Accommodations at Arm
At Arm, we want our people to Do Great Things. If you need support or an accommodation to Be Your Brilliant Self during the recruitment process, please email email@example.com. To note, by sending us the requested information, you consent to its use by Arm to arrange for appropriate accommodations. All accommodation requests will be treated with confidentiality, and information concerning these requests will only be disclosed as necessary to provide the accommodation. Although this is not an exhaustive list, examples of support include breaks between interviews, having documents read aloud or office accessibility. Please email us about anything we can do to accommodate you during the recruitment process.
Equal Opportunities at Arm
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Hybrid Working at Arm
Arm’s hybrid approach to working is centred around flexibility, where we split our time between the office and other locations to get our work done. Within that framework, we empower groups and teams to determine their own particular hybrid working pattern, depending on the work and the team’s needs. Details of what this means for each role will be shared upon application. In some cases, the flexibility we can offer is limited by local legal, regulatory, tax, or other considerations, and where this is the case, we will collaborate with you to find the best solution. Please talk to us to find out more about what this could look like for you.
Life at Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.
Everything Made Possible
Just how far do the possibilities of Arm's tech stretch? AI, Machine Learning, IoT… billions of people use our technology every day, spanning countless nations, industries and applications. Most people run their lives on Arm technology. So, you see: you really do know us.