Staff Design Engineer GPUApply now
Piece Together The World’s Most Powerful Puzzle
This world has a design. It’s infinite yet discoverable. Small yet powerful. Our design engineers must all at once predict it and create it. From implementation of the most advanced CPU, GPU and HPC processors on the planet to dreaming up every eventuality that could put our SoC and system IP to the test, we puzzle over the biggest questions of our time. And microarchitect the future.
Work At The Very Edge
At Arm, you’re in a position to influence 95% of the world’s connected devices and all of their applications. Healthcare, infrastructure, virtual reality… you’ll affect hundreds, if not thousands of industries worldwide, racing towards new milestones in human endeavour.
Learning And Development
Whether you want to learn a new programming language, explore your management potential or witness the latest innovations at industry conferences, we promise you both the freedom and the support to develop when you want it.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid four-week sabbatical after 4 years of service.
You're a human being, not a resource. So it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, our flexible progressive leave allows you to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform, Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy, so you can live life and be your brilliant self.
As a Staff Design Engineer, you will join the ARM GPU Hardware Design group in Ra’anana Israel. Arm’s GPU Design Team is responsible for developing the Mali™ range of graphics processors. Mali™ is the most sold GPU in the world.
Job Purpose & Accountabilities:
- Micro-architecture definitions at the unit level.
- Specification, design, RTL coding and optimization of complex blocks.
- close work with the verification team on block/top level to ensure timely delivery of quality designs.
- B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering / Computers Engineering.
- 8-12 years of Logic Design experience.
- Excellent system view capabilities.
- Strong Verilog coding skills.
- Familiarity with sophisticated design practices (Clock/Voltage domain crossing, DFT and Low Power Design).
- Unix environment including scripting (Perl, C-shell, python) experience.
- Familiarity with the various backend tools (synthesis).
- Creative, dynamic thinker, open minded with strong problem-solving skills.
- Fast learner of new technologies and standards
- Versatile and ready to work in a dynamic and challenging working environment.
- Standout colleague with multi-tasking abilities and good interpersonal skills.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Experience with ARM processors or with graphic processors units.
- Knowledge of verification techniques.
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
ARM is proud to have a set of behaviors that differentiate our talent in the marketplace. These are embedded in all our roles and applicants are encouraged to evidence their attitudes/behaviors as part of the application process:
- Operates effectively and openly in teams and shares both knowledge and success with others
- Builds strong and positive relationships based on mutual trust
- Actively seeks out and encourages alternative viewpoints and ideas
- Applies critical thinking to select the best way forward
- Demonstrates a positive attitude in gaining insight from team experiences and is receptive to feedback
- Is passionate about the success of others and actively provides support for their development
- Listens and explores alternative perspectives before carefully shaping work that will deliver impactful results
- Persuades rather than pushes when influencing colleagues
- Acts with a thoughtful sense of urgency
- Demonstrates a conducive, can-do attitude
- Thinks and acts in the best interests of our customers and partners
- Strives to achieve win-win outcomes for ARM and our customers
About gpu engineering group:
The GPU Engineering Group produces graphics processing hardware and software products for mobile, embedded and automotive industries. Our Mali™ Graphics Processor is the world’s #1 shipping GPU. Now we are entering into a new growth phase to provide new technologies and products for existing and new markets and are looking for hardworking people to join the team.
In GPU Engineering you will work with the world’s best companies, making world-leading products based on our IP and alongside the best engineers in the world. We are a distributed team working across numerous sites and cultures. Your ideas will make a difference and you will have the opportunity to lead, challenge the status quo and ultimately change the world of graphics processing.
Please have a look at the following video to see what it's like to work with us: https://youtu.be/F4tNBNBgYEY
Joining our GPU team means joining a global community of over 700 professionals spread across six sites: Shanghai, Trondheim, Oslo, Ra'anana, Lund, Manchester, and Cambridge. Together, we collaborate on cutting-edge GPU products that push the boundaries of performance and efficiency. Our GPUs can be found in over 80% of smart TVs, 50% of smartphones, and 20% of automotive products worldwide.
Accommodations at Arm
At Arm, we want our people to Do Great Things. If you need support or an accommodation to Be Your Brilliant Self during the recruitment process, please email email@example.com. To note, by sending us the requested information, you consent to its use by Arm to arrange for appropriate accommodations. All accommodation requests will be treated with confidentiality, and information concerning these requests will only be disclosed as necessary to provide the accommodation. Although this is not an exhaustive list, examples of support include breaks between interviews, having documents read aloud or office accessibility. Please email us about anything we can do to accommodate you during the recruitment process.
Equal Opportunities at Arm
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Hybrid Working at Arm
Arm’s hybrid approach to working is centred around flexibility, where we split our time between the office and other locations to get our work done. We empower groups/teams to determine their hybrid working pattern, with an expected minimum attendance in the office of 20% per month, depending on the work, level of experience and team’s needs. In some cases, the flexibility we can offer is limited by local legal, regulatory, tax, or other considerations, and where this is the case, we will collaborate with you to find the best solution.
Life At Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.