Job header section
Senior Modelling Engineer
job navigation section
Hardware at Arm
You know us. With 125 Arm-powered products shipped every second, we'll be in a over a trillion smart devices by 2035. Your smartphone, award-winning VR gaming, the world's fastest supercomputer – our engineers are designing the advanced core processors leading the race towards a connected, autonomous, hyper-performance future.
So, we promise you endless opportunities to experiment and go even further in hardware. From advanced core implementation to full custom physical IPs, here you'll have our backing to push limits in vital areas such as memory, IO and logic.
Learning and Development
We encourage our people to upskill as much as they want with a comprehensive learning and development package which includes technical development, mentoring, internal and external conferences, tech talks, and donut sessions. Whether you want to learn a new programming language, upskill your excel skills or read the latest articles on Microprocessor reporting we are with you to Spark the worlds potential.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid 4 weeks' sabbatical after 4 years of service.
You're a human being, not a resource. And so it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. That's why we offer flexible progressive leave. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, you'll be able to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy to ensure you can live life and be your brilliant self.
We are a small team that develops hardware data compression technologies for use across different future Arm IP solutions. We are part of the Arm Central Technology Group responsible for researching and defining leading edge technologies for Arm products. We pursue next-generation Arm technology, inventing new concepts that will power billions of devices worldwide. We are looking for another architect to join the team.
Are you a forward-thinking, passionate engineer motivated by the challenge of working on this ground-breaking technology? If so, we look forward to learning more about you.
As a Senior Modelling Engineer, what will I be accountable for?
- Analyzing use cases to determine how compression can be used to improve performance and power consumption
- Inventing compression technology to improve power, performance and area
- Modeling the compression solution for use cases
- Writing specifications for the compression solution for product engineering teams to implement
Skills, experience and qualifications:
- You graduated from a University or Engineering School, in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electronic / Electrical Engineering, or other related field
- You have a passion to innovate, think differently, explore new avenues
- You are capable of working efficiently alone as well as in a team environment, this team spanning across multiple groups and multiple countries.
Experience and skills that will give you an edge:
- A strong understanding of the fundamentals of computer architecture
- Programming skills (any language)
- Knowledge of digital hardware design or data compression
- Comfortable working on immature technologies and following up the latest advances in science
- You demonstrate enthusiasm, drive and diligence
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Why will I love this job?
We work directly with engineers across the company to architect next-generation hardware. Your work will have a direct impact on our bottom line and the ability to deliver improvements for our customers. You will be part of a growing, fast paced, and fun team and own the implementation of your work.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Life at Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.
Everything Made Possible
Just how far do the possibilities of Arm's tech stretch? AI, Machine Learning, IoT… billions of people use our technology every day, spanning countless nations, industries and applications. Most people run their lives on Arm technology. So, you see: you really do know us.