Principal Verification EngineerApply now
Test Our Limits. Your Limits.
Every day the world invents something new to put our chips to the test. You can do the same. Because verification at Arm goes way, way beyond debugging – it’s solving the novel problems behind tech that barely exists yet. It’s working at the bleeding edge of machine learning, simulation software, model checking and hardware prototyping systems. It’s thinking the unthinkable and being sure we’re ready for it.
Work At The Very Edge
At Arm, you’re in a position to influence 95% of the world’s connected devices and all of their applications. Healthcare, infrastructure, virtual reality… you’ll affect hundreds, if not thousands of industries worldwide, racing towards new milestones in human endeavour.
Learning And Development
Whether you want to learn a new programming language, explore your management potential or witness the latest innovations at industry conferences, we promise you both the freedom and the support to develop when you want it.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid four-week sabbatical after 4 years of service.
You're a human being, not a resource. So it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, our flexible progressive leave allows you to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform, Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy, so you can live life and be your brilliant self.
Do you want to be part of the most sold graphics processor (GPU) in the world? This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced verification engineer to join the Mali™ GPU Hardware Team and help us to design the GPUs powering the devices of tomorrow. If you are a forward-thinking, dedicated, creative, and self-going individual who loves analysis and problem solving then we are keen to hear from you!
Arm’s Lund design center is located in Lund, a city voted the best place to live in Sweden and considered a European technology hub. In an international environment from more than 10 different nationalities, you will be able to collaborate with design and verification specialists from simulation, formal, system testing, and methodology development. Due to our considerable success to date and continuing strong customer interest in Mali GPUs, the Lund engineering team is looking to further grow and strengthen through the hiring of an expert Graphics Verification Engineer.
The candidate will be involved in hands-on project work, collaborate with other IP verification specialists across Arm sites, and proactively knowledge-share with other verification engineers as required. Be proficient and comfortable using SystemVerilog to develop verification components and well familiar with the tools and processes for developing test benches and finishing all aspects of the verification. You are capable of developing verification flows to make the best use of EDA tools. Our verification methodology includes simulation, emulation, prototyping, modeling, and formal proofs using innovative in-house tools and techniques.
The role covers contributing to all phases of the hardware verification. This includes:
- Own a specific area of a GPU ranging from unit-level/multi-unit level testbench development through to the overall verification methodology.
- Reviewing and assessing proposed design changes. Responsible for producing test plans and verification strategies.
- Planning, tracking, and coordinating the tasks of you or your team to meet high-quality goals at the planned time.
- Being part of continuous verification improvement strategies across the GPU group and the wider Arm verification community. Suggest and deploy innovation and improvements for the team and group.
- Evaluating and determining the causality of different issues throughout the verification process.
- Able to mentor and guide other engineers' technical work.
Required Skills and Experience :
- 10+ years of consistent record with constrained-random verification including ownership of a suitably sophisticated verification environment.
- Experience in architecting and developing re-usable and scalable code using UVM for test benches from scratch on several projects.
- Ability to quickly understand and apply complex specification details and be capable of owning all stages of a project to completion.
- Strong scripting skills (UNIX shell scripting, Python, or Perl) – being able to develop scripting to support new flows.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of computer architecture. Preferably experienced with ARM processors and bus protocols (AMBA AXI, CHI) and ARM processor-based systems.
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience :
- Continuous integration platforms such as Jenkins, version control tool git.
- Experience in verifying design with a reference model (System C/C++).
- Experienced in using formal verification techniques.
- Exposure to the simulation tools such as Xcellium, vManager, QuestaSim, Specman, and Verdi from Cadence, Mentor, and Synopsys.
- Experience in working with system architects for requirements definition and requirement management.
- Good university degree in computer science, electronics engineering, or microelectronics. Other science graduates will be considered with relevant experience. In-depth technical reviewing of others’ work.
All arm employees are provided with vital training to succeed in their respective roles. As well as a friendly and high-performance working environment, Arm offers a competitive benefits package in Sweden including private medical insurance, 30 days of annual leave, sabbatical, supplementary pension, and wellness benefits.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Life At Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.