Staff Field Applications Engineer
About our FAE team
The Field Application Engineer (FAE) is a part of Arm Sales force, collaborating with the Taiwan Field Applications Engineering Manager. The FAE works closely with Partner managers by providing technical pre-sales support to develop and win new licensing, design-in and pull-through opportunities at Taiwan Partners. Acting as a technical account manager, the FAE is also responsible for managing (but not performing) the post-sales support provided by the Applications Engineering team to Partners.
It is meaningful this position develops professional relationships with the key engineers, architects, and decision-makers and partners. It is also meaningful that the FAE can build, report, and complete key product promotion strategies growing the business of Arm products within customers.
The FAE will also participate in defining new products or services to meet the needs of Arm customers. It is encouraged to maintain a high standard of technical knowledge in relation to Arm and its products, services, and competitors.
- Work with Partner manager and take technical ownership of the sales process. Work closely with the sales team to develop account strategies.
- Identify and exploit licensing and design win opportunities.
- Identify trends and provide mentorship on market requirements.
- Provide technical support in pre-sales opportunities as well as ownership of post-sales support process.
- Provide appropriate product recommendations to meet customer requirements.
Critical Success Factors
- Decent knowledge of Arm products and services.
- Full understanding of customer business and technical development plans.
- Sound personal relationships with key technical decision-makers at customers and a good understanding of commercial relationships.
- Development of positive relationships with assigned Partner managers, as well as Marketing, Engineering, and Applications Engineering teams.
- Proven experience in digital design, software engineering, or applications engineering.
- Solid understanding of microprocessors, SoC design, operating systems, systems software, HW/SW design process including relevant tools, boards and systems IP.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- It is a plus if you have the understanding of Arm Cores, graphic processor, software tools, system IP, physical IP, or Familiar with PC, laptop, AR/VR system design.
- Dynamic, self-starting individual with the ability to excite and instill confidence in customers about Arm and Arm’s technology.
- Good presentation skills, able to clearly express technical concepts.
- Track record of successful customer engagements
- Business mentality, actively supporting to grow sales and win business.
- Self-motivated, detailed, and timely.
- Proficient Mandarin Chinese, Business Level in English, both verbally and in reading/writing.
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviours that reflect our outstanding culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape outstanding. These behaviours are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
We Not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual is responsible for the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for Progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it. Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and be responsible for your own progress
Be Your Brilliant Self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know"
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.