Job header section
Staff Applications Engineer - Image Signal Processor
job navigation section
Hardware at Arm
You know us. With 125 Arm-powered products shipped every second, we'll be in a over a trillion smart devices by 2035. Your smartphone, award-winning VR gaming, the world's fastest supercomputer – our engineers are designing the advanced core processors leading the race towards a connected, autonomous, hyper-performance future.
So, we promise you endless opportunities to experiment and go even further in hardware. From advanced core implementation to full custom physical IPs, here you'll have our backing to push limits in vital areas such as memory, IO and logic.
One benefit we're really proud of is FlexPot; a sum of money on top of your salary (which is the same value regardless of your seniority) which you can use for charitable giving, development or your personal wellbeing. Ready to start that French language course you've always wanted to do? Or are you a keen gym-goer and want to use it for a membership? There's lots different of ways to enjoy your Flexpot.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid 4 weeks' sabbatical after 4 years of service. You could even combine your FlexPot allowance with your sabbatical and volunteer overseas!
You're a human being, not a resource. And so it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. That's why we offer flexible progressive leave. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, you'll be able to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy to ensure you can live life and be your brilliant self.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Arm's Sales and Partner Enablement group! Applications Engineers help Arm's partners to build real world applications based on Arm technology. Our partners scale from big semiconductor houses to small start-ups, all of them are building new exiting products. This role gives the possibility to be on the forefront of technological evolution and accelerate innovation.
Applications Engineering is a varied, deeply technical role, where you will not only use your expertise but your interpersonal skills to support our partners through their technical challenges. This role is mostly focusing on Arm Image Signal Processor IP and System. Working with customers means that you will need to understand what they want to achieve, analyse their requests and issues and provide a solution that moves them forward. As the experience grows, you would be visiting customer’s sites to deliver technical training courses to their development teams, whilst also providing reviews and advice on their system designs. You may be required to mentor and guide more junior members of the team, passing on your deep experience and expertise and assisting with the development of best working practice within the group. You will also be responsible for helping to improve our products and facilitate our partners to embrace new technology. You will raise defects against development tools and documentation, review documentation and periodically write application notes, example source code and knowledge base articles.
KEY TECHNICAL SKILLS & EXPERTISE
• BSc Degree or higher qualification in Electronic Engineering or equivalent
• Excellent understanding of HDLs such as Verilog, System-Verilog or VHDL
• Good knowledge of general-purpose processor architecture principles and Image Signal Processor architecture principles
• Knowledge of full ASIC/SoC design processes
• Knowledge of the interaction between hardware and software
• Knowledge of one or more AMBA bus protocols
• Knowledge of scripting languages (Perl/python)
• Ability to work with remote teams
• Excellent written and spoken English language skills
• Strong understanding of media/camera devices is a plus
• Develop and deliver technical training courses on Arm Image Signal Processor IP and System, both onsite and remotely
• Provide fast and accurate technical answers to customer questions
• Perform onsite customer SoC design reviews using ARM ISP IP and provide functionality and optimalisation recommendations
• Work with Arm ISP IP design and product management teams to improve partners experience and influence IP feature development
• Test IP deliverables and provide feedback to design team prior to release to customers
• Develop tools and techniques to aid Application Engineers tackle problems more efficiently.
• Mentor junior members of the team
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Life at Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.
Everything Made Possible
Just how far do the possibilities of Arm's tech stretch? AI, Machine Learning, IoT… billions of people use our technology every day, spanning countless nations, industries and applications. Most people run their lives on Arm technology. So, you see: you really do know us.