Job header section
Senior Test Engineer
job navigation section
Software Engineering at Arm
You might not think you know us, but you do. Our software is all over Silicon Valley. In fact, it's right in the palm of your hand. Because the biggest names in tech, from your smartphone brand to the makers of the world's fastest supercomputer look to us for the most powerful advanced core processors.
When you think about what software development can stretch to at Arm, from physical IP to machine learning, you'll wonder why you didn't apply sooner. The real-world applications for our technology are so massive, your work will influence the lives up to 70% of the global population, whether it's through award-winning VR gaming or life-enhancing medical equipment. Here you'll develop a better, connected future.
Learning and Development
We encourage our people to upskill as much as they want with a comprehensive learning and development package which includes technical development, mentoring, internal and external conferences, tech talks, and donut sessions. Whether you want to learn a new programming language, upskill your excel skills or read the latest articles on Microprocessor reporting we are with you to Spark the worlds potential.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid 4 weeks' sabbatical after 4 years of service.
You're a human being, not a resource. And so it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. That's why we offer flexible progressive leave. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, you'll be able to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy to ensure you can live life and be your brilliant self.
Are you looking for exciting new opportunities working with a team whose mission is to enable partners and the LLVM community to build efficient, safe and secure software for the latest Arm architecture by providing reliable, easy-to-use toolchains?
Join our team and define the quality standards for our next generation of compiler tools that build the code in the world’s embedded devices!
We are looking for a skilled test engineer with an interested in joining an established team working on our commercial compiler and toolchain products for embedded devices. Our partners rely on our tools to support their future successes across many markets, including automotive, medical, storage and networking.
Collaborating with your colleagues, your focus will be on implementing additional testing of our toolchain products, including the compilers, linkers and libraries. Supporting the wider development team is also a vital part of the role, encouraging testing practices at every stage of the lifecycle. Over time, we expect you to grow into helping define new developments in our test strategy, adopting new practices, approaches and tools for testing.
Your role would be crucial to maintaining high levels of quality in the tools our customers use for their Arm devices. Our tools are based on both proprietary and open source technology, and we contribute many changes back to the open-source LLVM projects and there may be opportunities for involvement with testing in the open-source community.
- Be a key contributor to the quality of Arm’s commercial toolchain products and its contributions to open-source LLVM.
- Implementing tests and test automation according to requirements and test plans.
- Supporting your development team colleagues to maintain and improve quality.
- Interact and drive the interoperability testing collaboration in-team and across teams that use our tools.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A passion for defining user oriented quality metrics and targets
- Ability to comprehend software and CI architecture and its impact to testing infrastructure and quality of software builds
- Capable of testing command line tools
- Experience of test implementation for production-quality software, including requirements assessment for testing, metrics, and tools.
- Experience of working closely with a development team to support and improve testing and quality on an ongoing basis.
- Proficient in at least one programming language used to deliver a test automation framework and test suites
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity with any of the below is welcome but not required. You can expect us to help you grow and be mentored in one or more of these areas of your interest when you join us!
- Understanding of the purpose and structure of compilers, assemblers and linkers
- Leading technical side of test management and mentoring
- Fluent in collaborating with colleagues across teams and subject areas with a vested interested in our product
- Experience working with CI tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory, Conan, or alike
- Defining quality, testing and CI of an open-source project and working with open-source projects
- Experience of debugging C/C++ programs with command line tools
- Familiar with C++11, C++14 and C++17 standard specific features
On top of the already compelling Life at arm, we are famous for our team culture - including Friday focus times, regular career conversations, remarkable diversity-, equity- and inclusion, and continuous improvement mentality.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Life at Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.
Everything Made Possible
Just how far do the possibilities of Arm's tech stretch? AI, Machine Learning, IoT… billions of people use our technology every day, spanning countless nations, industries and applications. Most people run their lives on Arm technology. So, you see: you really do know us.