Senior Technical Writer / Information Developer
Manchester, England Date Posted Oct. 22, 2021 Category Technical Writer
Senior Technical Writer / Information Developer to work at Arm's Global Headquarters in Cambridge or at our Manchester location (this is a Hybrid working role)
Are you a dedicated, user-focused information developer or technical writer who wishes to work on ground-breaking technology for the world's leading semiconductor IP company? Does software technology excite you? If your answer is yes, then we should talk about you joining our crew of information developers! To help our users succeed, we are looking for a great writer who has hands-on experience of working in a software development environment.
The Arm Mobile Studio software suite enables games developers to analyse performance of their applications on mobile devices. It enables developers to easily detect bottlenecks on Android devices by enabling the visualisation of all performance data in the system.
As a Senior Information Developer, you will create and build user-focused technical content to help mobile application developers use Arm Mobile Studio. You will collaborate with engineering, usability specialists, and product management teams to understand the product's development. You will also define the content requirements, plan the project, and ensure that targets are in line to meet product release cycles.
About Technical Communications at Arm.
As part of the wider Sales and Partner Enablement Group, our Technical Communications team produces the technical content for all of Arm's products. This content can include user documentation, white papers, knowledge-base articles, tutorials, and multimedia. Technical Communications has a strong presence in all of Arm's global design centres. We come from a diverse set of backgrounds and range from graduates to highly-experienced writers.
As a community, we guide, encourage, and share knowledge with each other. For larger projects, we work together to build and deliver content or process changes.
• Identify user workflows to create content which helps our customers and partners to achieve their goals.
• Improve the clarity and consistency of content targeted for a global audience.
• Collaborate extensively with domain experts in software engineering, project/product management, support, and other teams to identify and address information gaps.
• Be a user advocate and represent their needs in product UI/UX decisions.
Essential skills and personal attributes
• Experience in a technical writing role for software products, with a strong user focus, and writing for global audiences.
• You are used to working closely with Engineering teams in an agile environment and have a solid grasp of a software development lifecycle.
• Flexible and pragmatic in approach. Creative, dynamic, and insightful with strong problem-solving skills.
• Experience of working with the latest tools and systems used to produce content - such as text editors, version control, review, and ticketing systems.
• You are a methodical, inquisitive and friendly team mate.
• You are not afraid to use the software you are writing about and break things to understand how things work (or do not work) - and feedback to the relevant teams so improvements can be made to the product.
You should have a good degree or post-graduate qualification in a related area, as below.
If you do not have a degree in one of these areas but you are experienced in crafting documents for software development tools, then we would love to hear from you!
• Computer science, Physics, or Maths
• English, Linguistics, or Law
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.