Cambridge, United Kingdom
GPU Senior and Staff Verification EngineerApply now
Test Our Limits. Your Limits.
Every day the world invents something new to put our chips to the test. You can do the same. Because verification at Arm goes way, way beyond debugging – it’s solving the novel problems behind tech that barely exists yet. It’s working at the bleeding edge of machine learning, simulation software, model checking and hardware prototyping systems. It’s thinking the unthinkable and being sure we’re ready for it.
Work At The Very Edge
At Arm, you’re in a position to influence 95% of the world’s connected devices and all of their applications. Healthcare, infrastructure, virtual reality… you’ll affect hundreds, if not thousands of industries worldwide, racing towards new milestones in human endeavour.
Learning And Development
Whether you want to learn a new programming language, explore your management potential or witness the latest innovations at industry conferences, we promise you both the freedom and the support to develop when you want it.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid four-week sabbatical after 4 years of service.
You're a human being, not a resource. So it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, our flexible progressive leave allows you to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform, Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy, so you can live life and be your brilliant self.
The GPU Engineering Division require an experienced and highly motivated Verification Engineer to join a fast growing team and verify our next generation of pioneering GPUs. Our team predominantly employs constrained-random coverage-driven simulation techniques using SystemVerilog and UVM.
You will play a key role in the team – both with hands-on project work, crafting and deploying new methodologies within the team.
About the team
Working in our main office, located in Cambridge within a team that spans three sites across Europe. The team includes design, verification and modelling engineers working on the next gen graphics processors. Given the span of the team, there may be opportunity for travel to other sites during your work.
About GPU Engineering:
GPU Engineering produces media processing hardware and software products for mobile and embedded devices. Our Mali™ Graphics Processor is the world’s #1 shipping GPU!
Now we are entering into a new growth phase to provide new technologies and products for new and existing markets and are looking for hardworking people to join the team.
We work with the globe’s best companies, making world-leading products based on our IP alongside the best engineers in the world. We are a global team working across numerous sites and cultures. Your ideas will make a difference and you will have the opportunity to lead, challenge the status quo and ultimately change the world of media processing.
Please have a look at the following video to see what it's like to work in our team: https://youtu.be/F4tNBNBgYEY
The role covers development and deployment of methodologies as well as direct hands-on test bench development. Your responsibilities will be:
- Reviewing and assessing proposed design changes
- Architecting verification IP and full verification environments
- Expected to investigate and script new verification flows and optimising existing flows
- Developing methodology and deploying within the group and having full ownership of verification closure.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
Expected to have a consistent record with constrained-random verification including ownership of a suitably sophisticated verification environment. Be comfortable using SystemVerilog to develop verification components and be familiar with the tools and processes for developing test benches and finishing all aspects of the verification process. You are capable of developing verification flows to make best use of EDA tools.
- Strong experience with SystemVerilog for verification of complex design IP.
- Experience of architecting and implementing functional verification environments for complex IP.
- Experience developing re-usable and scalable code whilst having good knowledge of UVM.
- Strong scripting skills (UNIX shell scripting, Python or Perl) – being able to develop scripting to support new flows.
- You should have the ability to quickly understand and apply complex specification details and capable of owning all stages of a project to completion.
- Commit to solve varied and sophisticated technical challenges.
- Strong communication skills and passionate to work well as part of a team as well as experience working and communicating with remote design centres.
- Knowledge or understanding of graphics principles.
- Knowledge of C/C++, Scala/Java and good software principles.
- Experience with formal verification.
- Experience with emulation flows.
- Willingness to travel to Arm sites within Europe
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Life At Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.