Job header section
Senior Modelling Engineer
job navigation section
Start Your Career at Arm
Got a love for coding? Hardware design? IT project management? We're with you. Whatever you want to do, do it at the highest level. Arm is the driving force behind 70% of technology used by the world’s population – from your smartphone to VR headsets to the world’s fastest supercomputer. You'll master your craft while working with the biggest names in tech.
At the same time, your training and development will be second to none. We put our trust in you to work on big, global projects because you'll have our world-class mentors on your side, giving you just the right combination of freedom and support. And you'll also have your own development roadmap which you can pair with your choice workshops to take the skills you want to expert levels.
Learning and Development
We encourage our people to upskill as much as they want with a comprehensive learning and development package which includes technical development, mentoring, internal and external conferences, tech talks, and donut sessions. Whether you want to learn a new programming language, upskill your excel skills or read the latest articles on Microprocessor reporting we are with you to Spark the worlds potential.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid 4 weeks' sabbatical after 4 years of service.
You're a human being, not a resource. And so it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. That's why we offer flexible progressive leave. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, you'll be able to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy to ensure you can live life and be your brilliant self.
Are you an established software engineer with a strong background and understanding of System-on-Chip (SoC) technologies and architectures?
The Arm Open Source Software (OSS) group enables partners to build software on Arm IP-based systems. We develop and contribute to open source projects, providing reference implementations and optimisations to key software system components, and also validated software stacks for Arm IP-based reference platforms used in intelligent devices.
The Platform Modelling team within OSS is seeking modelling engineers to build highly efficient software models representing the functional aspects of System-on-Chip platforms that include many of Arm’s latest technologies, a base on which the rest of the OSS group builds their software stacks. To influence the future of energy-efficient devices at a time of transformation in our industry, this is the place to be.
Members of the modelling team take hardware designs and specifications and build functional representations in software of an entire hardware platform and individual hardware components.
• Develop, test and maintain high-speed models for Arm’s system level IP.
• Interact with hardware engineers across Arm to understand their IP and model it accurately.
• Build Virtual Platforms that can be used for early software development.
• Collaborate with OSS engineers to help them integrate their software on your platform and to diagnose problems.
• Produce and implement development plans in conjunction with project management and engineering peers across Arm.
Education & Qualifications:
University degree, Masters or PhD (or equivalent), specifically in Electronics or Computer Science, with an excellent academic record.
Required Skills and Experience:
• We seek individuals with strong C/C++ skills combined with a detailed understanding of the internals of computers and SoCs.
• You can demonstrate a proficiency developing software, including coding, testing and debugging.
• Your background shows experience with scripting, and source control systems such as GIT/Gerrit.
• You will possess and exhibit knowledge of a leading RISC based computer architecture alongside experience of CPU architecture and familiarity with one or more CPU instruction sets.
• We expect you are focused and self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a distributed team; showing a willingness to be flexible and accept new challenges.
• We expect a professional, hard-working and flexible approach to work with a flair for creative lateral thinking and problem solving with a dedication to extend the breadth and depth of your knowledge.
• We are looking for strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and spoken English.
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience:
• Experience with Programmer View modelling, knowledge of Arm IP or architecture.
• Substantial experience of hardware modelling.
• A background in low-level or bare-metal software, firmware or device-driver development is an advantage.
• We value experience working on complex software projects in collaboration with a large multi-site team.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Life at Arm
There's an open and casual atmosphere here that's so characteristic of Arm. We build spaces for continuous learning and creative expression. No matter the level of person you're approaching, they're always ready for a down-to-earth conversation. And it's easy to make friends with such a diverse network of graduates, interns, part-time undergraduates and apprentices all sticking together. Because diversity is essential to how we innovate – one reason why we're promoting more women into leadership positions.
Everything Made Possible
Just how far do the possibilities of Arm's tech stretch? AI, Machine Learning, IoT… billions of people use our technology every day, spanning countless nations, industries, and applications. So much so, there's virtually never a time or place we're not with you.