Senior IT HPC application Engineer
The IT Infrastructure and Engineering group provides the high-performance compute environment that fuels product and solutions development for Arm's engineering community. Whether its high-performance compute (HPC) on Arm’s on-prem infrastructure and/or in the cloud, Electronic Design Automation (EDA) tools, or customized software tools and workflows, the products, and services we deliver are used by every engineer in Arm.
Working closely with technical leads, technical managers, project managers, and engineering teams you will be a motivator in providing automated project solutions, supporting daily ticket systems for common technical issues, and being core resources for high visibility projects which supply to making our services secure, resilient, and apply the newest technologies.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering (or equivalent experience)
- Strong set of RedHat skills, preferably RH Certification
- Understanding about operations in any public cloud platforms (e.g AWS, GCP or Azure)
- Understanding of software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Automation, Jira, and Confluence experience)
- Solid grasp on Linux OS fundamentals, troubleshooting and performance tuning
- Good understanding of HPC infrastructure and applications
- Exposure to HPC workload management tools like IBM Spectrum LSF
- Strong scripting skills (Bash, Shell, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Experience with cloud technologies in AWS and/or Google Cloud
- Good understanding and experience in infrastructure and application monitoring and alerting tools
- Good understanding about remote display and interactive technologies like ETX
- Proven skills with Vulnerability Management and security patching of constantly evolving environment
- Skills and attitude on automating common repetitive tasks
- Proven experience in a distributed team
- Working in a sophisticated, multi-geography, engineering services environment
- Providing technical support to engineering user community
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Terraform, Ansible, Artifactory, and/or Continuous Integration (CI) applications
- Exposure to HPC applications like Flex based Licenses, EDA tools
We offer a competitive reward package including annual bonus, RSUs and healthcare support. As well as other benefits such as an on-site gym and social events that are organised within the company!
We are offering a hybrid approach to home and office working to provide an adaptable experience for all employees. We expect some working time to be spent in office, to promote a strong collaborative environment with good team integration but are accommodating to different home working requirements.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.