Senior GPU Driver Applications Engineer
Raanana, Israel Date Posted Sep. 07, 2023 Category Applications Engineering
The Arm GPU processors are a range of optimized, ground-up designs for graphics and machine learning acceleration, targeting smart phones, DTV, automotive and adjacent markets. The solution consists of innovative optimized fixed-function and programmable engines that provide best-in-class performance within a constrained power envelope. With a growing industry interest across all markets, we are expanding our customer support capability through Arm’s Sales & Partner Enablement team (SPE).
We are looking for early and mid-career skilled Software Application Engineer to join an impactful and hard-working team working in an exciting and fast paced new field with customers. Externally, you will provide support to enable customers in adoption and integration of Arm’s GPU technology into their SoC designs. Internally, you will engage with multiple GPU technology teams to reflect customers’ voice into the product development work!
The role's main objective is to provide in-depth GPU driver issue resolution and technical analysis to Arm GPU IP customers on software and firmware integration, debugging, and optimisation. For some high touch customer engagements, travel may be required to work with customers at their premises. You will also become an official Arm trainer and occasionally present courses to customers online or on-site
Additionally, creating training materials, application notes and multimedia content for customer education purposes.
Required Skills and Experience :
- GPU driver development experience on Android, Linux, or Windows platform.
- Experience in programming using Graphics APIs such as Vulkan, OpenGL, OpenGLES, Direct3D, and OpenCL.
- Good understanding of GPU performance tuning and profiling methodologies
- OS kernel and Device Driver development and deployment experience with Android, Linux, Chrome or Windows system.
- Effective problem resolution, using a full suite of debug and performance analysis tools and techniques.
- Software or firmware development in programming languages, such as C/C++/Java/Python.
- Excellent understanding of devices software stack and interaction with hardware layer in GPU architecture.
Good university degree in Computer Science or Electronics Engineering; Post Graduate degree preferred. Other engineering or science subject graduates would be considered if you have relevant experience.
- Enthusiastic and well driven about the technology and finding good solutions for solving customer issues.
- Proactive in obtaining engineering or management input, either Arm’s or the customer’s, to solve issues in a timely and accurate manner.
- Motivated to schedule own workload, and plan tasks – based on both internal and customer requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, work well within a multinational team and with multinational customers. Excellent cultural awareness is essential.
- Be able to travel globally (if international travel is permitted and safe).
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience :
- Experience with one or more of the following: microcontrollers, GPU, device drivers, SoC bring-up debugging, GPU power management, firmware, and hardware/software integration, Arm architecture, Arm assembler.
- Experience in GPU and/or Graphics APIs(such as EGL, OpenGL (ES), Vulkan, DirectX and OpenCL), including enhancement of GPU workloads
- Knowledge in embedded systems and system bring up, especially on GPU firmware, GPU drivers and display / graphics subsystems. Experience integrating GPU drivers with the rest of the operating system, such as Android, kernel drivers or window-system integration will be preferred.
- Experience in developing GPU S/W applications and/or drivers for GPU/3D, Direct 3D, rendering engine, secure video playback and camera, multimedia, heterogeneous compute and computer graphics technology and more.
Arm is committed to global talent acquisition, offering an attractive relocation package. With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, creative and highly talented engineers. By enabling a dynamic, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unrivaled contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Accommodations at Arm
At Arm, we want our people to Do Great Things. If you need support or an accommodation to Be Your Brilliant Self during the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. To note, by sending us the requested information, you consent to its use by Arm to arrange for appropriate accommodations. All accommodation requests will be treated with confidentiality, and information concerning these requests will only be disclosed as necessary to provide the accommodation. Although this is not an exhaustive list, examples of support include breaks between interviews, having documents read aloud or office accessibility. Please email us about anything we can do to accommodate you during the recruitment process.
Equal Opportunities at Arm
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Hybrid Working at Arm
Arm’s hybrid approach to working is centred around flexibility, where we split our time between the office and other locations to get our work done. Within that framework, we empower groups and teams to determine their own particular hybrid working pattern, depending on the work and the team’s needs. Details of what this means for each role will be shared upon application. In some cases, the flexibility we can offer is limited by local legal, regulatory, tax, or other considerations, and where this is the case, we will collaborate with you to find the best solution. Please talk to us to find out more about what this could look like for you.