Senior Engineer Global Storage
As a Senior Engineer Global Storage, you will be responsible for follow-the-sun global operations and management of the data storage infrastructure as well as project involvement.
Working closely with team leads, project managers, across Global Infrastructure & Platforms, you will be a key contributor in maintaining data storage services.
You’ll need to thrive in a team environment, be an enthusiastic self-starter with a flexible attitude in applying different techniques to help drive successful outcomes. You are also expected to bring fresh thinking and ideas, inspired by other successful programs you have been part of. You should be an excellent communicator with the passion and resilience to get things done!
You will collaborate with technical leaders and contributors as you provide contributions to common goals. You will focus on the implementation, maintenance, data migration, and lifecycles of NAS and object based data storage systems, services and tools in a hybrid cloud infrastructure, to support the storage services which underpin the Arm engineering EDA workflows in our HPC environments and remote offices. Additionally, you will:
- Provide primary operational support of data storage and data protection technologies from NetApp, Dell (EMC) and Rubrik.
- Plan, co-ordinate and install hardware into our datacenters, working closely with our technology vendors.
- Develop a good understanding of & adhere to Arm IT processes.
- Work independently on routine incidents and requests, ensuring that they are handled according to agreed Arm procedures & Service Level Agreements, based around the ITIL framework.
- Create clear and concise documentation, share information and train team members and other colleagues to improve first time fix rate.
- Monitor the data storage infrastructure & take a proactive approach to identifying potential problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks & inefficiencies, and work towards addressing these issues, through automation and process optimization.
- Work closely with a globally distributed team of Storage Engineers and the Storage Manager to deliver a high quality service and ensure strategic objectives and goals are achieved.
Required skills and experience:
- Experience with NAS Storage File protocols - NFS and unstructured data systems
- Understanding of data storage standard processes
- Experience with NetApp data ONTAP administration
- Strong understanding of Infrastructure services Networking and troubleshooting (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, routing, switching, firewalls, LAN/WAN)
- Customer-facing experience; you need to be confident and credible in front of a customer and express complex ideas clearly
- Excellent communication skills and the ability/willingness to learn new technologies
- Good organizational and time-management skills, together with the ability to prioritize and to meet deadlines
"Nice to have" skills & experience:
- Relevant professional certifications such as NetApp Certified Data Administrator or AWS Solution Architect etc.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following storage technologies would be desirable: Dell OneFS, Rubrik CDM, HPC, Object storage
- Linux System administration experience, familiarity with RHEL, Ubuntu or CentOS
- Automation and DevOps fundamentals with Terraform, Ansible, Python, Linux shell scripting
- Conceptual knowledge of virtualization and container technologies (VMware, Docker, kubernetes)
- Networking fundamentals (Cisco, Arista)
- Cloud fundamentals (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Understanding of ITIL framework
Arm is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the generation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies. Our innovative technology is licensed by Arm Partners who have shipped more than 50 billion Systems on Chip containing our intellectual property. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers, and engineers, ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.