Job header section
Senior C++ Engineer - CPU models
job navigation section
Software Engineering at Arm
You might not think you know us, but you do. Our software is all over Silicon Valley. In fact, it's right in the palm of your hand. Because the biggest names in tech, from your smartphone brand to the makers of the world's fastest supercomputer look to us for the most powerful advanced core processors.
When you think about what software development can stretch to at Arm, from physical IP to machine learning, you'll wonder why you didn't apply sooner. The real-world applications for our technology are so massive, your work will influence the lives up to 70% of the global population, whether it's through award-winning VR gaming or life-enhancing medical equipment. Here you'll develop a better, connected future.
Learning and Development
We encourage our people to upskill as much as they want with a comprehensive learning and development package which includes technical development, mentoring, internal and external conferences, tech talks, and donut sessions. Whether you want to learn a new programming language, upskill your excel skills or read the latest articles on Microprocessor reporting we are with you to Spark the worlds potential.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid 4 weeks' sabbatical after 4 years of service.
You're a human being, not a resource. And so it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. That's why we offer flexible progressive leave. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, you'll be able to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy to ensure you can live life and be your brilliant self.
Senior C++ Engineer - CPU models
Do you enjoy solving problems using C++? Are you interested in how computers work? Apply now to stimulate your brain in a supportive and innovative company!
We enable an ecosystem of developers to write software years before their target hardware exists. Arm is looking for highly skilled and motivated engineers to join us, modelling Arm’s next generation architectures and devices. We create models of leading edge Arm technologies that will power future systems wherever computing happens, from embedded to supercomputers. We are a large team, with diverse career paths and opportunities for you to grow. As one of the first consumers of new architectures, you will influence the success of an industry and develop tools that are vital to many of Arm’s development flows and those of our customers.
Essential Skills & Qualifications
- Experience implementing maintainable, performant, professional code in Modern C++
- A good university degree in an engineering, scientific or mathematical field or equivalent experience
- An interest in learning more about CPUs and getting involved in their development
- Flair for lateral thinking and problem solving
- An affinity for the Arm Values, including a desire to help everyone deliver as a team and a passion for innovation and continuous improvement.
Skills To Make You Stand Out From The Crowd:
- Specialist CPU-related knowledge, such as familiarity an instruction sets, embedded software design or hardware design
- Experience providing leadership to other engineers
- Experience of cross-platform development for Linux and Windows
- Knowledge of modelling technologies, such as SystemC or gem5
- You will build highly efficient C++ models and platforms, as well as working with other Arm teams to design systems to allow our Fast Models product to be used within their workflows.
- You will be a member of an Agile team with a wide range of experience and knowledge. Our engineers have access to excellent compute hardware and are supported by a dedicated DevOps team.
- As our models are used in an ever increasing number of ways, we often have new opportunities for people to develop into technical or organisational leadership roles.
- We value diversity in Arm - we will fit around your life to enable you contribute to our success.
- This role can be full time or part-time
- We have flexible working hours for all and a progressive leave policy which can accommodate the unexpected
- Our new offices are amazing places to collaborate, but now we've mastered working from home, that will remain an option for part of the week
- We are currently hiring multiple software engineers into this group and have some scope to adapt the role and job title to the right person
How to Apply:
- Along with your résumé, please provide a few sentences describing why this is the right job for you. If your résumé does not mention all of the 'required' skills above, make sure your statement explains why we should consider your application.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Life at Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.
Everything Made Possible
Just how far do the possibilities of Arm's tech stretch? AI, Machine Learning, IoT… billions of people use our technology every day, spanning countless nations, industries and applications. Most people run their lives on Arm technology. So, you see: you really do know us.