Do you have the energy, the aptitude, and the desire to play a key part in the delivery of next generation of world-leading technology products and solutions working for one of the UK’s most innovative companies? If so, we are looking for you!
Arm designs the technology that lies at the heart of a huge range of advanced digital products which appear in world beating products in embedded, mobile, home and enterprise applications. Project and program management is central to our ability to build this technology and align it with the needs of Arm’s business partners. We are now looking for a Project Coordinator to support our internal project management team.
The GPU Software Operations team is part of the Central Engineering organisation; leading projects that deliver industry leading GPU IP designs to our silicon partners, guided by our various market specific business groups. Our project managers work with a host of teams across the GPU organisation to deliver successful projects for our partners and for Arm as a whole.
What will you be doing?
As a Project Coordinator you will be assisting the project managers in the running of their projects and supporting the continuing development of our methodologies and processes.
With support from the team, you can expect to work alongside project managers of all levels to assist them in the day-to-day tasks that lead to successful project delivery. You may also help to develop and implement changes to the GPU Project Management environment to ensure it supports the business in delivering solutions on-time, to budget and with the required levels of quality. You may also be creating project documents and data driven reports to support the project managers. You many also be supporting the group program manager to effectively monitor progress across the projects and programs.
The GPU Software Operations team is located across Europe and in China. This role is to be based in the UK, preferably at our Cambridge headquarters (negotiable). You should be ready to build relationships with colleagues across geographical and time boundaries. In the future there may be opportunities to travel to other Arm sites.
This role offers a great opportunity to build first-hand experience of project and portfolio management within a leading-edge global technology company. It also recognised to provide an open pathway into a career in project and operational management within Arm.
What key skills are we looking for?
Ideally, you will be able to demonstrate some of the following capabilities:
- A good understanding of data analysis which is used to help form understanding of project status & trends. Specifically, this would include a capability to define, implement, collect & maintain data sets which dig into project schedule, quality, cost and resource status and trend.
- An ability to present and report data in a clear and concise manner
- An ability to drive a data driven analysis to project and portfolio management
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to deliver change and achieve shared goals
- Experience of industry-standard tools used in project planning and delivery such as MS Excel, MS Project, MS SharePoint, JIRA, Confluence, Tableau, Business Objects, PowerBI or equivalents.
Additionally, you may have experience in one or more of these areas:
- Change Management: supporting the implementation of business change and working with partners and colleagues to introduce new ways of working
- Quality Assurance: providing quality assurance reviews and health checks to ensure that work is being undertaken to a sufficiently high standard
Are you a good fit for Arm? – Education, Skills & Experience
Ideally, we are looking for someone who is:
- Educated to degree level in a business or engineering related subject or can show equivalent experience in a commercial or technical environment
- Driven and enthusiastic with a positive approach and a strong sense of ownership and accurate time management.
- Able to get the job done in a practical and pragmatic way, and engage with individuals across the organisation
- An effective communicator with good written and oral presentation skills
- Good attention to detail, and the ability to see tasks through to completion under tight deadlines.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.