People Specialist (12 Month FTC)
Manchester, England Date Posted Apr. 30, 2021 Category Administration
We have an exciting opportunity for a People Specialist to join our People Services team which supports the UK and Ireland. This post will be based in Cambridge and will be for a fixed term of 12 month. People Services are the local face of the People team at Arm and in this role, you will work alongside your colleagues to provide a multi-site, professional HR advisory service to support the business in achieving its operational and long-term objectives.
What will you be accountable for?
• Delivering a proactive and flexible HR service to support the business
• Coaching, guiding and advising managers on a wide range of people management topics and employee relations (ER) queries ensuring a fair, consistent and legally compliant approach is taken
• Managing ER cases which typically includes; performance, well-being, whistleblowing and investigations.
• Supporting the design and implementation of change management projects including reorganisations and merger and acquisition activities.
• Supporting the delivery of local People Plans to enable the regional strategic priorities. This includes:
o Using data and insights to drive the local people agenda
o Implementing initiatives in support of employee engagement
o Planning and delivery of development activities in partnership with Talent Development
o Supporting the local diversity and inclusion (D&I) programme to help develop and retain a diverse group of talented people
• Collaborating with Reward on local reward proposals.
• Supporting global mobility activities and internal communications.
• Delivering outstanding services to our customers by collaborating with colleagues across the team including Mergers & Acquisitions, Global Mobility, Internal Communications, Talent Development, Talent Acquisition and Reward.
Our people are a key enabler of our business strategy, we want to attract and retain highly talented people to make sure that we remain at the leading edge of the technology industry. We aim to be the best company to work for in our sector with sustainable high engagement and excellent results. We are passionate about conserving the best aspects of our unique culture and perpetuating what attracts people to join and remain at Arm, making life at Arm a truly engaging and rewarding experience.
What experience, skills and knowledge will you need?
• You will be an HR professional with sound employment law knowledge and experience of performance management, change management and engagement.
• You will be able to advise in a skillful, authentic way and have excellent influencing skills. You will be flexible and pragmatic in your approach and enjoy working with ambiguity.
• Strong communication, coaching and social skills.
• Good judgement and analytical skills to assess options and craft solutions, whilst identifying and evaluating risks.
• Confident with using and interpreting data for reporting purposes and to identify trends to inform our priorities.
• We strive to build a collaborative, results driven approach and having a customer-centric approach will be important.
• You will be passionate about continuous improvement and employee engagement helping us maintain Arm's unique culture.
• To identify, understand and address needs, you will need to be a superb communicator, who cares deeply about building relationships.
• You will have excellent organisation skills with the ability to progress and prioritise a multi-faceted workload and manage systems and processes effectively.
• Experience of working in a multi-site environment
• Ideally you will have experience of working in a People (HR) Shared Service environment, but this isn't essential.
Due to the highly collaborative environment in Arm travel to various locations within the UK and Ireland, and occasionally internationally may be required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.