Job header section
Internal Communications Executive
job navigation section
Start Your Career at Arm
Got a love for coding? Hardware design? IT project management? We're with you. Whatever you want to do, do it at the highest level. Arm is the driving force behind 70% of technology used by the world’s population – from your smartphone to VR headsets to the world’s fastest supercomputer. You'll master your craft while working with the biggest names in tech.
At the same time, your training and development will be second to none. We put our trust in you to work on big, global projects because you'll have our world-class mentors on your side, giving you just the right combination of freedom and support. And you'll also have your own development roadmap which you can pair with your choice workshops to take the skills you want to expert levels.
Learning and Development
We encourage our people to upskill as much as they want with a comprehensive learning and development package which includes technical development, mentoring, internal and external conferences, tech talks, and donut sessions. Whether you want to learn a new programming language, upskill your excel skills or read the latest articles on Microprocessor reporting we are with you to Spark the worlds potential.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid 4 weeks' sabbatical after 4 years of service.
You're a human being, not a resource. And so it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. That's why we offer flexible progressive leave. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, you'll be able to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy to ensure you can live life and be your brilliant self.
We are looking for a passionate communications and engagement person who wants to help to build a greater sense of community across our global organization.
As a member of our trusted internal communications team, you will help people to feel included, informed and connected to each other and to Arm. You will play an important role in embedding our strategy and Core Beliefs, and shining a light on everything that makes Arm a great place to work.
We pride ourselves on being a team that has a reputation for delivering great work while having fun!
- Write high-quality content across a range of channels for different teams and locations, translating complex topics into simple English.
- Create visual content and videos, either yourself or working with an agency.
- Discover, share and celebrate the great things our people are doing, and stories about Arm’s exciting future.
- Deliver employee communication plans and give advice about channels, audience and timing.
- Participate in, and moderate, online conversations between people at Arm.
- Promote and help organize events that bring people together at Arm.
- Manage the internal communications inbox, with help from others in the team.
- Track engagement and help the internal communications team measure the effectiveness of communication.
- Produce videos of people at Arm, including briefing speakers, recording the videos and working with a video editing agency.
- Identify what internal communications tactics work well in other organizations and industries, and use this knowledge to improve ways of working at Arm.
Required skills and experience:
- Excellent writing skills, with creative flair and good attention to detail.
- Experience in briefing creative agencies to design presentations, graphics and videos.
- Proven history of building connections with people in a variety of roles, at every level of the organization, based in different countries.
- Highly organized and takes initiative - able to be intentional in what you focus your time and energy on.
- A desire to continually learn and evolve - we like to aim high, be courageous and take risks.
- An active listener, with experience of influencing and advising people outside of the communications team.
- Team-player - at Arm we believe we win together, not alone
- Confidence to be your brilliant self.
‘Nice to have’ skills and experience:
- Video and graphics editing skills.
- Experience in measuring the effectiveness of employee-facing communication.
- A commitment to continually developing yourself through a communications professional body like the CIPR, IoIC or the IABC.
- Knowledge of new or future communication channels and trends.
We are offering a hybrid approach to home and office working to provide an adaptable experience for all employees. We expect some working time to be spent in office, to promote a strong collaborative environment with good team integration but are accommodating to different home working requirements.
There’s even an on-site gym in Cambridge and social events organized within the company!
Closing date: 5th February 2023
Equal Opportunities at Arm
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Hybrid Working at Arm
Arm’s hybrid approach to working is centred around flexibility, where we split our time between the office and other locations to get our work done. We empower groups/teams to determine their hybrid working pattern, with an expected minimum attendance in the office of 20% per month, depending on the work, level of experience and team’s needs. In some cases, the flexibility we can offer is limited by local legal, regulatory, tax, or other considerations, and where this is the case, we will collaborate with you to find the best solution.
Life at Arm
There's an open and casual atmosphere here that's so characteristic of Arm. We build spaces for continuous learning and creative expression. No matter the level of person you're approaching, they're always ready for a down-to-earth conversation. And it's easy to make friends with such a diverse network of graduates, interns, part-time undergraduates and apprentices all sticking together. Because diversity is essential to how we innovate – one reason why we're promoting more women into leadership positions.
Everything Made Possible
Just how far do the possibilities of Arm's tech stretch? AI, Machine Learning, IoT… billions of people use our technology every day, spanning countless nations, industries, and applications. So much so, there's virtually never a time or place we're not with you.