Health and Saftey Manager
Are you looking for a new challenge? We have an exciting opportunity for a Health and Saftey Manager on a contract basis for 12 months.
Arm are looking for an experienced Health & Safety professional to strengthen our Health & Safety Program in the UK.
Reporting into the Senior Workplace Manager, UK & Ireland, you will deliver the operational Health & Safety program and ensure Health & Safety compliance at our Cambridge Campus, as well as supporting the delivery of the Health & Safety program at our other sites in the UK. The job is located at the Cambridge Campus 4 days a week but travel to our other UK locations in Manchester, Sheffield and Warwick will be required on occasion.
The principal role will be the day-to-day delivery of the Health & Safety program at our Campus in Cambridge, proposals for and implementation of improvements, supporting our other sites in UK in their provision of Health & Safety services as well as ensuring Health & Safety compliance across our sites in the UK.
- Evaluate and report on our current UK Health & Safety arrangements, against Arm and industry standards
- Ensure compliance with Arm Health & Safety Standards
- Maintain entries in our compliance tool; ad-hoc checks of entries
- Respond to Health & Safety queries from the UK Workplace Experience Teams
- Investigate incidents and accidents and report on these
- Maintaining database of UK First Aiders and Fire Marshals ensuring training and qualifications are up to date. Assessing sites for adequate provision of First Aiders and Fire Marshals.
- Support the Global Safety, Security and Continuity Team with improvements to our global standards and processes
- Provide local Health & Safety advice and education to all employees including induction as well as developing and supporting the UK Workplace Experience Team with training and mentoring
- Assist with internal and external audits, ensuring that processes are being maintained in accordance with Health & Safety Standards
- Provide advice on Risk Assessments for events, educational programs, labs etc including guidance on risk reduction
- Conduct weekly Health & Safety spot checks of the Cambridge Campus
- Create and maintain Health & Safety information for the Cambridge Campus
- Support the Workplace Experience Team with the management of the UK M&E contractor in Health & Safety related areas
Required Skills and Experience :
The most relevant skill you can bring to this position is an outstanding knowledge of operational Health & Safety and Health & Safety compliance.
- NEBOSH / IOSH qualified
- Be confident to make suggestions to continually improve the UK Health & Safety program as well as the global provision
- Proactivity, self-starter and learning agility
- Be highly organised with excellent prioritisation and planning skills
- Experience in developing guides (procedures) for Health & Safety and in implementing these
- Experience with online compliance tools
- Expertise in risk management and conducting risk assessments
- Excellent team building skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience :
- An understanding of Health & Safety regulations in Ireland would be beneficial but not required.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.