Graduate Deployment Engineer
Start Your Career at Arm
Got a love for coding? Hardware design? IT project management? We're with you. Whatever you want to do, do it at the highest level. Arm technology is a driving force behind 95% of the planet's connected devices – from your smartphone to VR headsets to the world's fastest supercomputer. You'll master your craft while working with the biggest names in tech.
At the same time, your training and development will be second to none. We put our trust in you to work on big, global projects because you'll have our world-class mentors on your side, giving you just the right combination of freedom and support. And you'll also have your own development roadmap which you can pair with your choice workshops to take the skills you want to expert levels.
One benefit we're really proud of is FlexPot; a sum of money on top of your salary (which is the same value regardless of your seniority) which you can use for charitable giving, development or your personal wellbeing. Ready to start that French language course you've always wanted to do? Or are you a keen gym-goer and want to use it for a membership? There's lots different of ways to enjoy your Flexpot.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid 4 weeks' sabbatical after 4 years of service. You could even combine your FlexPot allowance with your sabbatical and volunteer overseas!
You're a human being, not a resource. And so it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. That's why we offer flexible progressive leave. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, you'll be able to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy to ensure you can live life and be your brilliant self.
The Productivity Engineering group (PE) at ARM is responsible for guaranteeing our engineering teams have the tools and computational resources to succeed. PE supervises a range of outstanding infrastructure elements for ensuring our designs meet our partners' needs, from maintaining ARM's compute cluster to deploying new design & verification methodologies.
Within PE, the Deployment Team enables all engineering teams with new capability improvements required to achieve the organizational change initiatives.
- Journey to Cloud – moving engineering workflows to the cloud and onto Arm architecture hardware
- Machine Learning / Data Science to maximize verification compute efficiency
- Continuous Delivery and Machine Readable Specifications for Hardware Engineering efficiency
Joining the centralized Deployment Team, you'll develop expertise with the mechanics such that through a partnership with project teams you can deploy a turn-key solution. Deployment Team members need to be both capable engineers and good at working in partnership with other ARM engineering teams.
The activities for this role demand a hardworking candidate from either a Computer Science/Electrical/Electronics Engineering background with a strong desire to constantly evolve a cross-disciplinary skillset, in particular:
- Design and development of workflow scripts, with result capture and visualization tools
- Collaboration with RTL design and verification engineers to build new point techniques
- Develop automation and flow abstraction methods to enable the project team to focus on the application of new capabilities rather than the mechanics
Working as a member of a small and complementary team, you will work alongside engineers at all our design centres and contribute to the CPU, GPU and interconnect IP at the heart of ARM's success.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need as a Graduate Engineer?
- As a successful Graduate Engineer, you will be flexible with a variety of software or hardware development skills and a commitment to extending the breadth and depth of your knowledge
- A good university degree, ideally in Computer Science or Electrical/Electronic Engineering, although candidates with other academic backgrounds would also be considered if they have the relevant skills
- A strong interest in emerging technologies to improve engineering efficiency and effectiveness. You will possess a research demeanour that seeks to find and communicate the best answers to sophisticated technical problems based on a systematic investigation.
Additional skills and experience required:
- Good programming skills with scripting languages, python
- Experience with code review and version control systems, e.g. git, Gerrit, Github etc.
- Pro-active and self-motivated
- Willingness to be flexible and accept new challenges
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Unit verification build and run flow development
- General knowledge of database structure; JSON file is a desirable skill
- Knowledge of verification data sources and project usage
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services
- Independent research experience
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK. With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly hardworking engineers. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our employees to share their outstanding contributions to our success in the global marketplace.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Life at Arm
There's an open and casual atmosphere here that's so characteristic of Arm. We build spaces for continuous learning and creative expression. No matter the level of person you're approaching, they're always ready for a down-to-earth conversation. And it's easy to make friends with such a diverse network of graduates, interns, part-time undergraduates and apprentices all sticking together. Because diversity is essential to how we innovate – one reason why we're promoting more women into leadership positions.
Everything Made Possible
Just how far do the possibilities of Arm's tech stretch? AI, Machine Learning, IoT… billions of people use our technology every day, spanning countless nations, industries, and applications. So much so, there's virtually never a time or place we're not with you.