GPU HW Application Engineer
The Arm GPU processors are a range of optimized, ground-up designs for graphics and machine learning acceleration, targeting smart phones, DTV, automotive and adjacent markets. The solution consists of innovative optimized fixed-function and programmable engines that provide best-in-class performance within a constrained power envelope. With a growing industry interest across all markets, we are expanding our customer support capability through Arm’s Sales & Partner Enablement team (SPE). We are looking for early and mid-career skilled hardware engineer to join our impactful and hard-working GPU support team working in an exciting and fast paced new field with customers. You will provide support to customers in adoption and integration of Arm’s GPU technology into their solutions and will engage with the GPU Technology teams to reflect customers’ voice into the Arm development work around GPU solutions. The roles will be based in Cambridge, UK. Arm operates a hybrid and flexible working environment, where the office is a key location for team innovation.
Your main objective will be to provide in-depth technical support to Arm GPU IP customers on SoC hardware design subjects. You will have strong analytic and communication skills, with the ability to remotely diagnose technical problems. For high touch customer engagements, you may be required to travel to work with customers at their premises (local COVID rules apply). You will also become an official Arm trainer and occasionally present technical trainings to customers online or on-site. Additionally, you will help create training materials, application notes and multimedia content for customer education purposes.
The successful applicant will also have the opportunities to spend some time each year updating their technical product knowledge co-working with Arm’s IP design centres.
Required Skills and Experience :
Good university degree in Computer Science or Electronics Engineering; Post Graduate degree preferred. Other engineering or science subject graduates would be considered if they have relevant experience.
- 8+ years of experience and knowledge of ASIC and FPGA design, simulation and/or verification techniques, including RTL coding and simulation, in Verilog, System-Verilog or VHDL
- Experience in integrating CPU, GPU, or other SoC peripherals in silicon
- Demonstrable experience of problem solving and debug skills
- Must have a strong customer focus.
- Must be able to travel globally (if international travel is permitted and safe)
- Must have the desire and ability to solve problems quickly.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills with both colleagues and customers.
- Must thrive working in high-pressure customer environments.
- Must be proactive in obtaining engineering or management input, either Arm’s or the customer’s, to solve issues in a timely and accurate manner.
- Must be enthusiastic and well driven.
- Must be able to schedule own workload, and plan tasks – based on both internal and customer requirements.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to work well within a multinational team, especially when under pressure. Excellent cultural awareness is essential.
- Must be willing to be flexible and accept new challenges.
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience :
- Strong understanding of microprocessors
- Professional experience of customer and sales interaction
- A good understanding of the interaction between software and hardware
- Understanding of FPGA or ASIC implementation flows (synthesis, scan insertion, layout)
- C/C++, assembler coding or other programming skills.
- Knowledge of GPU or graphics processing system is preferred
About working at Arm:
You will be working with a bunch of enthusiastic and brilliant colleagues. At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviours that reflect our DEI (Diversity, Equity & Inclusion) culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to shape extraordinary. These behaviours are assessed as part of the recruitment process: We not I, Passion for progress, Be your brilliant self.
Equal Opportunities at Arm
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Hybrid Working at Arm
Arm’s hybrid approach to working is centred around flexibility, where we split our time between the office and other locations to get our work done. Within that framework, we empower groups and teams to determine their own particular hybrid working pattern, depending on the work and the team’s needs. Details of what this means for each role will be shared upon application. In some cases, the flexibility we can offer is limited by local legal, regulatory, tax, or other considerations, and where this is the case, we will collaborate with you to find the best solution. Please talk to us to find out more about what this could look like for you.