GPU Driver Applications Engineer
Lund, Skåne County;
Raanana, Central District;
Trondheim Date Posted Sep. 15, 2022 Category Applications Engineering
The Arm GPU processors are a range of optimized, ground-up designs for graphics and machine learning acceleration, targeting smart phones, DTV, automotive and adjacent markets. The solution consists of innovative optimized fixed-function and programmable engines that provide best-in-class performance within a constrained power envelope. With a growing industry interest across all markets, we are expanding our customer support capability through Arm’s Sales & Partner Enablement team (SPE).
We are looking for early and mid-career skilled Software Application Engineer to join an impactful and hard-working team working in an exciting and fast paced new field with customers. Externally, you will provide support to enable customers in adoption and integration of Arm’s GPU technology into their SoC designs. Internally, you will engage with multiple GPU technology teams to reflect customers’ voice into the product development work. This customer facing engineering role is based in Cambridge, UK. Arm operates a hybrid and flexible working environment, where the office is a key location for team innovation and networking.
The role's main objective is to provide in-depth technical support to Arm GPU IP customers on software and firmware integration and optimization. You will have strong analytic and communication skills to work independently and collaboratively with internal teams to solve customer raised issues and requests related to user applications, kernel APIs and firmware integrations for the GPU platforms. For some high touch customer engagements, you may be required to travel to work with customers at their premises (local COVID rules apply). You will also become an official Arm trainer and occasionally present courses to customers online or on-site. Additionally, you will help create training materials, application notes and multimedia content for customer education purposes.
The successful applicant will also have the opportunities to spend some time each year updating their technical product knowledge co-working with Arm’s IP design centres.
Required Skills and Experience :
- Good university degree in Computer Science or Electronics Engineering; Post Graduate degree preferred. Other engineering or science subject graduates would be considered if you have relevant experience.
- Effective problem resolution, using a full suite of debug and performance analysis tools and techniques.
- Software or firmware development in programming languages, such as C/C++/Java/Python.
- Graphics/GPU software engineering.
- OS kernel and Device Driver development and deployment experience with Android, Linux, Chrome or Windows system.
- Excellent understanding of devices software stack and interaction with hardware layer in GPU architecture.
- Enthusiastic and well driven about the technology and finding good solutions for solving customer issues.
- Thrive working in high-demanding customer environments.
- Proactive in obtaining engineering or management input, either Arm’s or the customer’s, to solve issues in a timely and accurate manner.
- Motivated to schedule own workload, and plan tasks – based on both internal and customer requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, work well within a multinational team and with multinational customers. Excellent cultural awareness is essential.
- Fast learning, must be willing to be flexible and accept new challenges.
- Be able to travel globally (if international travel is permitted and safe).
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience :
- Experience with one or more of the following: microcontrollers, GPU, device drivers, SoC bring-up debugging, GPU power management, firmware, and hardware/software integration, Arm architecture, Arm assembler.
- Knowledge of SoC architectures, Linux kernel based operating systems, hardware and OS level virtualization, Automotive grade safety/security, GPU core, Display technologies, Multimedia
- Experience in GPU and/or Graphics APIs(such as EGL, OpenGL (ES), Vulkan, DirectX and OpenCL), including enhancement of GPU workloads
- Knowledge in embedded systems and system bring up, especially on GPU firmware, GPU drivers and display / graphics subsystems. Experience integrating GPU drivers with the rest of the operating system, such as Android, kernel drivers or window-system integration will be preferred.
- Experience in developing GPU S/W applications and/or drivers for GPU/3D, Direct 3D, rendering engine, secure video playback and camera, multimedia, heterogeneous compute and computer graphics technology and more.
About working at Arm:
You will be working with a bunch of enthusiastic and brilliant colleagues. At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviours that reflect our DEI (Diversity, Equity & Inclusion) culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to shape extraordinary! These behaviours are assessed as part of the recruitment process: We not I, Passion for progress, Be your brilliant self.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.