Job header section
Functional Safety Engineer - Software Test Libraries
job navigation section
Hardware at Arm
You know us. With 125 Arm-powered products shipped every second, we'll be in a over a trillion smart devices by 2035. Your smartphone, award-winning VR gaming, the world's fastest supercomputer – our engineers are designing the advanced core processors leading the race towards a connected, autonomous, hyper-performance future.
So, we promise you endless opportunities to experiment and go even further in hardware. From advanced core implementation to full custom physical IPs, here you'll have our backing to push limits in vital areas such as memory, IO and logic.
Learning and Development
We encourage our people to upskill as much as they want with a comprehensive learning and development package which includes technical development, mentoring, internal and external conferences, tech talks, and donut sessions. Whether you want to learn a new programming language, upskill your excel skills or read the latest articles on Microprocessor reporting we are with you to Spark the worlds potential.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid 4 weeks' sabbatical after 4 years of service.
You're a human being, not a resource. And so it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. That's why we offer flexible progressive leave. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, you'll be able to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy to ensure you can live life and be your brilliant self.
ARM’s hardware is at the heart of the computing and connectivity revolution that continues to transform the way people live and businesses operate. Working as a team and engaging with the world’s most famous technology companies, we are driving innovation into all areas that compute is possible, to help us build better solutions for the billions of people using our technology worldwide.
With our cutting-edge technology providing the intelligence in billions of silicon chips to date, our engineers are surrounded by groundbreaking products they have helped to create. As we continue to grow we need the best engineers to join our CPU STL (Software Test Library) development team, building on decades of industry leading experience.
Would you like to be part of creative, multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural environment, in a role with exciting responsibilities and a chance to create an impact on our industry ? We would love to hear from you!
You will be based at ARM's Headquarters in Cambridge, UK.
With the growth of the Automotive sector and other product segments where functional safety is a key requirement, we are leading the way in developing technologies that can address these applications.
As a Senior/Staff Functional Safety Engineer in the CPU group, your responsibility will be driving all functional safety related aspects of project execution for a STL project. As part of a team of engineers on STL projects, you will interact with engineers based in the UK, the US, France and India.
We are looking for a dedicated and an expert functional safety professional who is willing to play a key role, contributing to all phases of STL development:
- Be responsible for following the right processes for functional safety support, to make sure products are fit for purpose to be used in safety-related licensee designs.
- Making sure the Arm functional safety process is followed in an effective way through effective planning, timely reviews and assessments.
- Own activities required for safety documentation and evidence on the development, such as safety analyses, requirements tracking and reviews.
- Mentoring and coaching project team members to successfully complete safety tasks
- Help manage project risks associated with safety activities.
- Contribute to group-wide and company-wide functional safety initiatives, including improvement activities.
- Contribute to development of new safety architectures and features.
- You will defend the STL safety case in external assessments.
Essential Skills and Experience :
- Hands-on experience of working in functional safety development projects (applying standards such as ISO 26262 and/or IEC 61508).
- Ability to drive process execution, requirements tracking, reviews and risk analysis.
- Track record in hardware and/or software development.
- Ability to understand/drive/challenge technical solutions.
- Knowledge of digital design/hardware description languages, such as or Verilog, SystemVerilog or VHDL.
- Ability to communicate ideas effectively.
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills.
Desirable Experience :
- Good understanding of all stages of the design cycle: initial concept, specification, implementation, verification, documentation and support
- Knowledge of Software development lifecycle.
- Knowledge of Python.
Education and Qualifications :
- A good university degree, preferably in electronic engineering or computer science.
- A functional safety qualification would be a bonus.
ARM is committed to global talent acquisition. With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, creative, and highly hardworking engineers. By enabling a dynamic, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their outstanding contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, value diversity at our company, and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Life at Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.
Everything Made Possible
Just how far do the possibilities of Arm's tech stretch? AI, Machine Learning, IoT… billions of people use our technology every day, spanning countless nations, industries and applications. Most people run their lives on Arm technology. So, you see: you really do know us.