Senior Manager - Developer Advocacy (Mat cover)
Manchester, England Date Posted Apr. 30, 2021 Category Marketing & Communication
Arm is looking for a Developer Education Manager to join the Outbound Marketing team of Arm’s Client Line of Business (LoB) as cover for parental leave. The Client LoB is responsible for markets such as Mobile, Smart TV, Laptops, VR/AR and Gaming. You will own Client’s Developer Education (DevEd) outbound content and messaging, as well as manage the content planning and drive the DevEd content delivery from the different engineering and Developer Relations (DevRel) teams across Arm. Arm’s Client LoB developer audience are typically app developers targeting mobile and laptop devices. They cover areas such as graphics and gaming, machine learning and Windows on Arm. Typical DevEd deliveries include sample code, case studies, and tutorials.
About this role
The role will involve defining the content roadmap, internally gathering support for content initiatives with key stakeholders, and driving the delivery of these initiatives with these stakeholders. The individual will work closely with a wide range of stakeholders, including engineering & ecosystem managers, product and solution managers, colleagues in other business units and Arm’s central engineering function.
The individual will also work with the relevant Arm ecosystem partners such as Unity, Khronos and Google, so that the developer content roll-out and messaging is also amplified in all relevant developer channels and communities from Arm’s partner ecosystem, often by close collaboration with Arm’s corporate marketing function
What sort of person are we looking for?
You will have a technical background with app development experience on Windows or Android. You are a networker and have a good grasp of the business opportunities that new technology launches mean for the developer community. We are looking for someone who shares Arm’s values, can demonstrate the relevant business and outbound marketing skills, and is eager to learn.
Education and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline
- Experience or knowledge of developing on mobile platforms
- Knowledge of the technology industry and Arm’s partner ecosystem
Within the Business Unit, the wider Arm organization and Arm partner ecosystem you will have a rare opportunity to work with world leading colleagues within high achieving, international teams. As Client’s Developer Education Manager, you will own Client’s DevEd outbound developer content and messaging, as well as being the advocate to engage internal teams into contributing to the relevant content creation objectives. These currently cover developer educational areas such as gaming and graphics, XR, machine learning and AI and Windows on Arm laptops.
- Identify the potential areas of developer educational needs. Collaborate with the key internal stakeholders such as the ecosystem, developer advocacy engineering, product and solution and segment marketing teams to define the developer educational roadmap of deliveries.
- Manage cross team to deliver a regular release of developer educational content that covers Arm’s Client IP and partner ecosystem devices. Current developer focus areas include graphics and gaming, XR, machine learning, AI and Windows on Arm.
- Negotiate and plan with other teams within Arm to prioritize development tasks.
- Work with the other business areas to create, publish and promote engaging content.
Work with Arm’s marketing and web development teams to create compelling developer educational content for Arm’s developer website, as well as social media campaigns.
Measure and report the success of your developer educational initiatives.
- Conduct competitive research - messaging, collateral and websites.
- Help to develop engaging content such as blogs, videos, webinars and articles.
Essential skills and experience
- Prior experience of managing deliveries of software or technical educational content releases (sample code, case studies, tutorials, etc.)
- Creative, with the ability to identify the developer educational needs of the different Arm’s Client IP releases and ecosystem devices.
- Knowledge of graphics APIs and experience developing applications using an IDE
- Ability to build alliances and drive collaboration within Arm’s internal structure, as well as with external ecosystem partners.
- Ability to evaluate complex situations using multiple sources of information.
- Ability to work quickly and effectively under pressure and prioritise the internal team workload to ensure smooth content and project delivery.
- Hardworking, industrial, organised and self-motivated.
- Excellent communications skills, ambitious and well organised.
- Good negotiation skills developed for Arm internal audiences and often at senior levels.
- Ability to influence others to meet a deadline.
- High-energy, open-minded, reliable, innovative.
- Proactive, brings people together in collaboration to achieve the developer educational deliveries.
- Capable of working as a team player and independently.
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience in mobile app development, or experience in the mobile semiconductor industry.
- Knowledge of commercial game engines (e.g. Unity, Unreal).
- Basic knowledge of Arm Neon or other SIMD architectures.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.