Job header section
CPU Technology Architect
job navigation section
Hardware at Arm
You know us. With 125 Arm-powered products shipped every second, we'll be in a over a trillion smart devices by 2035. Your smartphone, award-winning VR gaming, the world's fastest supercomputer – our engineers are designing the advanced core processors leading the race towards a connected, autonomous, hyper-performance future.
So, we promise you endless opportunities to experiment and go even further in hardware. From advanced core implementation to full custom physical IPs, here you'll have our backing to push limits in vital areas such as memory, IO and logic.
Learning and Development
We encourage our people to upskill as much as they want with a comprehensive learning and development package which includes technical development, mentoring, internal and external conferences, tech talks, and donut sessions. Whether you want to learn a new programming language, upskill your excel skills or read the latest articles on Microprocessor reporting we are with you to Spark the worlds potential.
We'll always encourage you to take plenty of annual leave, so you stay fresh and inspired. But you know what really does it? When we encourage you to take an extended, paid 4 weeks' sabbatical after 4 years of service.
You're a human being, not a resource. And so it's important to us that we're there for you at significant points in your life. That's why we offer flexible progressive leave. Whether you're having kids, acting as a primary care giver or have lost a loved one, you'll be able to put your family first without worrying about your career.
We create a safe space for you to look after your mental and physical health, with support ranging from medical insurance to the workplace mental health platform Unmind. Alongside a growing number of onsite gyms, yoga, cycling and running clubs. All of which comes with a flexible working policy to ensure you can live life and be your brilliant self.
CPU Technology Architect
We are the CPU Technology team, part of the Arm Central Technology Group. This diverse, engineering-centric group invents, defines and architects technologies to be deployed in tomorrow's IP solutions from Arm. We pursue next-generation Arm CPUs, inventing new concepts that will power billions of devices worldwide. We are looking for another architect to join the team.
Are you a forward-thinking, passionate engineer motivated by the challenge of working on this ground-breaking technology? If so, we look forward to learning more about you.
As a CPU Technology Architect, what will I be accountable for?
- Analysing CPU performance and understanding the limitations we need to break through.
- Developing knowledge of the competitive landscape and understanding of key missing technologies at Arm, particularly with regards to future solutions like Computer Vision and Machine Learning
- Initiating and following the development of new technologies for our CPUs with all the best CPU experts within Arm, to remain competitive on the performance front.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- You graduated from a University or Engineering School, in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electronic / Electrical Engineering, or other related field
- You should have a passion to innovate, think differently, explore new avenues
- Capable of working efficiently alone as well as in a team environment, this team spanning across multiple groups and multiple continents.
Experience and skills that will give you an edge:
- You have worked on advanced CPU techniques, from branch prediction to prefetchers
- You have been defining new advanced technologies (using, for example machine learning or neural network algorithms) and want to see how to have concrete use of these to increase the efficiency of modern CPUs
- Comfortable working on immature technologies and following up the latest advances in science
- C/C++ programming experience
- You demonstrate enthusiasm, drive and diligence
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Why I will love this job?
- We work directly with engineers across the company to build next-generation hardware. Your work will have a direct impact on our bottom line and the ability to deliver improvements for our customers.
- You will be part of a growing, fast paced, and fun team and own of the implementation of your work.
- Arm provides a positive working environment including hybrid working between home and office. Employees receive a competitive reward package but also benefit from access to facilities such as the gym and canteen.
Arm is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the connected devices.
Our innovative technology is licensed by Arm Partners who have shipped more than 180 billion chips containing our intellectual property since the company began in 1990. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers and engineers, ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies.
This role can be based either in Cambridge, UK at Arm's headquarters, or in Arm's design centre in Sophia Antipolis, France.
The city of Cambridge has a long history of scientific understanding and technological breakthroughs. Arm's recently refurbished and expanded campus is home to a number of CPU development teams, and also GPU, System-IP, Arm Architecture and tools and software engineers.
Arm’s Sophia Antipolis design centre is located in one of the most beautiful parts of France, and is part of Europe’s largest and most dynamic technology park. Surrounded by mountains and the Mediterranean Sea, this exceptional design centre has delivered leading products from Arm’s Cortex™ processor portfolio.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Life at Arm
Life in the office doesn't get any better. Especially when those offices are as sleek as ours. And the people are as creative and intuitive. Combine that with our popular ‘we, not I' mindset and you enjoy the kind of teamwork and togetherness rarely found elsewhere. We share so much in common, not least the same passion for progress, but we also welcome each other's diversity. Because, ultimately, we love to inspire and be inspired every day.
Everything Made Possible
Just how far do the possibilities of Arm's tech stretch? AI, Machine Learning, IoT… billions of people use our technology every day, spanning countless nations, industries and applications. Most people run their lives on Arm technology. So, you see: you really do know us.