Architecture Development Engineer
Arm’s technology is used by a global audience every day. The Architecture and Technology Group in Cambridge (UK) is responsible for exploring, developing, and driving the direction of Arm’s products in the next 3-5 years. As part of this group, you will play a crucial role in developing the next generation of devices.
As a member of a small and versatile team, you'll work closely with esteemed colleagues across all technology groups at Arm. You will be responsible for understanding and advancing future computing systems. To do this, you will develop and share prototypes and models of future architecture technologies and evaluate their performance with real frameworks, algorithms, and data.
If you have the below experience we would love to hear from you!
Required Skills and Experience:
Architecture defines the contract between hardware and software. We are looking for an Architecture Development Engineer, who has a strong curiosity about both fields, and a good awareness of the interaction between the two. The individual will show a desire to extend both the depth and breadth of expertise.
We are also looking for the following:
- C, C++ or Rust programming skills.
- a good understanding of computer architecture concepts and trends.
- A strong undergraduate or postgraduate degree, ideally in Computer Science or Electronic Engineering. Other academic backgrounds will be considered with validated experience.
- Flexibility and a willingness to work with new tools and programming languages.
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity with low level assembly language.
- Working at the interface between software and hardware. For example, device driver, operating system, or compiler development.
- Proficiency in a high-level shell or scripting language such as Python.
- Personal projects and/or contributions to open-source projects.
You will work on a wide range of projects that impact billions of people around the world, whilst simultaneously developing key transferable skills.
We will provide ongoing support and will offer regular 1:1 meetings, with feedback and opportunities for progression and development.
In addition to offering a competitive salary, and a well-balanced social activity, there will be flexibility and freedom to decide how to complete your assigned work.
Equal Opportunities at Arm
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Hybrid Working at Arm
Arm’s hybrid approach to working is centred around flexibility, where we split our time between the office and other locations to get our work done. We empower groups/teams to determine their hybrid working pattern, with an expected minimum attendance in the office of 20% per month, depending on the work, level of experience and team’s needs. In some cases, the flexibility we can offer is limited by local legal, regulatory, tax, or other considerations, and where this is the case, we will collaborate with you to find the best solution.